Director Business Program Manager - CSS Chief of Staff Office
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington, Redmond, Washington, United States
Job Type: Full time
With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
This position will be a critical part of the CSS Chief of Staff office, leading global projects that will drive this transformation. We are looking for an exceptional individual who has deep experience driving transformational projects and programs and has a passion for our customers. This individual will bring intellectual curiosity to quickly understand the business and leverage technology, people and process to elevate the performance of this global organization.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
This role is flexible in that you can work up to 100% from home.
In this role you will engage with key partners, stakeholders and senior executives to:
- Leverage an understanding of the CSS business strategy to intake, scope and manage projects/programs to achieve top level goals and OKRs
- Understand and capture project requirements to quickly integrate and manage into an overall user story, value project and workback plan
- Effectively utilize project management tools (ADO, SPOT, Power Apps) to track project actions and owners and report status
- Identify, track and mitigate issues and risks
- Quickly understand project details and communicate (both verbally and in writing) the overall status and aspects of a project to different level stakeholders (team member, partner, stakeholder, leader, executive)
- Successfully deploy project outcomes and changes to both internal and external customers, as outlined by project criteria
Buisness Program Excellence and Execution
- Sets best practices to define and executes on a landing and communication plan, such as the target audience(s) and communication strategy. Drives the rhythm of business (ROB) during plan execution to ensure participants and stakeholders are communicating and responding according to the necessary cadence. Drives others to work across teams (e.g., Landing, Design, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Technical Program Management) to ensure all program requirements are understood and can be met.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to evangelize crucial programs to stakeholders, partners, and customers to gain buy in. Leverages data and performance metrics (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs] and Key Performance Indicators [KPIs]) to demonstrate the value of the program and show business impact. Drives others to adapt communication style and storytelling strategy according to audience and business needs.
Business Program Management
- Oversees a portfolio of projects including the project plan, timelines, milestones, financial management, performance metrics, and/or resource needs for crucial programs. Communicates the program status and risk to relevant stakeholders and holds them accountable for following the established schedule, risk mitigation plans, and processes. Establishes objectives and success criteria for the project in an inclusive collaborative manner with all stakeholders.
- Acts as subject matter expert to drive others to understand mapping or how systems work and impact one another. Drives the collaboration and leverages other teams (e.g., Supply Chain, Engineering, Sales) to ensure program processes are rigorous and executed efficiently. Develops processes around scope and scheduled changes for programs impacting Microsoft and communicates it to stakeholders. Recognizes process gaps/inefficiencies and drives strategies for optimization.
This position requires significant cross-group coordination, and excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to drive collaborative discussions with key partners. Further, you will need to communicate at many organizational levels. You’ll develop and cultivate effective cross-functional relationships and successfully plan and execute changes across the CSS and CE&S businesses. You will bring strong Program and Project Management skills, be passionate about, and able to understand and develop support strategies along with the ability to focus at a detailed task level. Success metrics include scheduling, coordination of resources, risk mitigation, communication, post-mortems, and adherence to project management frameworks and lifecycles.
As a Business Program Manager within the CSS Chief of Staff office, you will need to be a high-energy, strategic thinker and self-starter. You will need an aptitude for seeking creative solutions to multifaceted problems and have a strong attention to detail. You must have a demonstrated ability to be an effective teammate both within the Chief of Staff office as well as across the other CSS Business Manager communities. An ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment is a requirement. You must have a demonstrated ability to work with and influence managers and individual contributors to achieve consensus and drive the planning of actions/deliverables with a team. Ability to travel to all areas that Microsoft does business is needed.
12+ years work experience in program management, process management, process improvement
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Management, Marketing, Communications, Finance or related field AND 8+ years work experience in program management, process management, process improvement
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5 plus years of experience with cross group collaboration and influencing without authority
- 5 plus years of transformation, project/program experience
- 7 plus years of technical, operational and/or delivery experience in technical support and/or managed services
- A real passion for servicing customers
- Critical thinking (long term, preventative risk mitigation) and orchestration of complex support planning
- Consistent track record of driving strategy and influencing senior leaders
- Proven track record of thought leadership, leading change for improvement
- Strong social, cross group collaboration, project management, time management and negotiation skills
- Experience resourcing and leading project vTeam
- Evident industry knowledge and experience with the end-to-end project management
- Familiarity with Microsoft work streams and their function
- Ability to handle, track and communicate a multitude of details at many organizational levels within multiple projects and relay status promptly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work well in any situation pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Adept at working with other groups to identify and improve processes
- Ability to deliver tough messages diplomatically and quickly drive toward solutions to problems
- Proven ability to design and balance strategic priorities against tactical needs
- Travel approx. 5%
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $161,800 - $242,600 USD
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.