Senior Product Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you passionate about computer security and protecting millions of customers from cyber threats? Do you consider yourself customer-driven, and believe you have the skills and drive to help us ensure Microsoft Defender is the best protection suite for Microsoft cloud services? Are you dreaming of making your mark in building best of breed security to protect Microsoft clouds from threats? Are you looking to join a collaborative, dynamic, supportive and inclusive team? – Then we have an exciting opportunity just for you!
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is a world class leader in providing best in the industry enterprise security solutions. With that recognition comes responsibility, and there are always new heights to explore. We are responsible for product management across a broad range of endpoint security capabilities within Microsoft Defender for Endpoint suite. Our charter spans the full range of OS platforms for capabilities like Defender Antivirus, Human Operated Ransomware protection, Network/Web Protection, user facing Security UX , Attack Surface Reduction, Device Control, Cloud Protection, and more. We are very customer focused. We work across geographies and we partner with teams like Azure, Office, Windows OS Security Platform, Microsoft Endpoint Manager to make security by Microsoft truly seamless for customers.
We’re looking for a talented Product Leader: a Product Manager who is energetic, self-driven and can easily switch from product management and planning to producing technical requirements that can be consumed by our engineering and research teams. This role requires cross-team, cross-company, cross-geo collaboration. The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated track record of great customer engagement.
In this role, you will be responsible for protection of Microsoft’s cloud environments that serve millions of customers. You will engage with multiple internal and external cloud customers to understand their cloud security needs, and independently conduct research of relevant security industry trends and relevant competitors. And you will ultimately translate all these inputs into Microsoft Defender for Endpoint product scenarios protecting Microsoft clouds and other customers. Many of our scenarios span across multiple teams and will require you to drive initiatives across different groups. In addition, you will need:
- Good understanding of the security industry and market trends across multiple OS platforms are key to success in this role
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate threat landscape, customer scenarios and the associated engineering requirements
- Ability to tell a story, clearly present your ideas and obtain feedback from peers and partners.
- Define roadmap, scope your scenarios, contribute to testing of your product features and execute end-to-end through release.
- Define key result metrics for your features, oversee their release and measure success.
- Collaborate effectively with engineering and research counterparts and with partner teams.
- Partner with the field to obtain customer feedback and help unblock sales.
- Maintain a continuous engagement with key enterprise customers to deliver on customer needs
- Embrace an adaptable and flexible organizational culture and thrive in a fast paced and evolving industry/technology.
Microsoft 365 Security, Compliance, Identity and Management division is committed to our workforce reflecting the diversity of our customers and our communities. Our mission is deeply inclusive: empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We expect each of us—no matter what our level, role or function is—to play an active role in creating environments where people of diverse backgrounds are excited to bring all of who they are and do their best work. We take pride in being a diverse and inclusive team, and we expect that you will join us on this mission.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you could be great in the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
- 5+ years of engineering program management, product management, (or) other engineering leadership experience
- Demonstrated robust performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
- Demonstrated history of delivering products/scenarios spanning cross-group, cross-division
- Strong organizational, communication, project management, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, strong track record of structuring and solving complex problems
- Proven track record working in diverse environment, building enterprise grade solutions with end to end ownership and execution
- Demonstrated customer focus. Relentless in pursuit of insights into how the product is doing in market.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical disciplines.
- Strong understanding of the security industry, enterprise environments, information protection, different operating systems and subsystems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.