Senior Network Material Manager
Location: Austin, Texas, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Microsoft Capacity Supply Chain and Provisioning group is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within Microsoft. CSCP’s mission is to optimize and deliver industry leading cloud infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s online services used by our Customers around the world. The organization is responsible for strategy and delivery of the foundational platform for all Microsoft Online Services including demand and capacity forecasting, supply chain, data centers, networking, bandwidth, operations, and incident management. CSCP supports over 200 online businesses including Bing, O365, OneDrive, Xbox and Windows Azure branded services. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy individuals to help achieve that mission.
We are looking for a Network Material Manager to join the Network Supply Chain Team. This position will be responsible for managing long lead materials, such as switching gear, network cables and other hardware to build out our datacenter network. In addition, the role will meet with suppliers regularly to understand their capabilities and compare forecast with supply commitments to support our international requirements. This includes setting inventory policy (safety stock, ROP) supporting product transitions and innovating new processes and tools to reduce cycle time and assure supply.
- Meet regularly with assigned suppliers to review forecast, capture supply commitments and publish internally.
- Review all PO’s placed by MSFT System Integrators or data centers and assure compliance and supportability against our 3PL inventory positioning.
- Manage metrics including days of supply, E&O, shortages within lead time and inventory exposure at each supplier to improve performance.
- Work with Supply Chain, and Capacity Planning teams on the timing and availability of product transitions in order to plan for platform end of life (minimizing E&O inventory) and ramp of new platforms
- Define inventory buffer targets (in conjunction with Component Planning) and strategies based on historical usage and forecast, and define financial risk/liability associated with said buffers
- Perform scenario analysis to understand impact of component shortages and demand changes to our overall supply plan.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and work with cross functional teams to improve tools and process to better meet our global demands.
- Represent materials team in multiple forms to communicate program status and progress in highlighting risks.
- 3+ years in Electronics manufacturing supply planning or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, or related field or equilvalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in inventory management experience.
- Direct experience in electronics assembly and network industry.
- Deep understanding of Supply Planning elements, tools and process
- Proven track record in delivering change, process improvement, and lean manufacturing solutions
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems, including material planning specific software such as SAP or Oracle.
- Expert level with MS Office Applications, focus on Excel
- Possess business acumen, able to think and plan strategically, and also able to execute tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Confident communication, interpersonal & presentation skills
- Results orientated with strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work under continual deadline constraints
- Critical thinking and ability to drive resolution in ambiguous situations
- Comfortable working in a fast-pace, high-growth environment
- Broad knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes (PCBA’s) and logistics
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.