Principal Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Interested in building mission critical analytical solutions in the cloud? Want to work with products that push the boundaries of messaging and event-driven computing? We are looking to hire a Principal Program Manager that shares our passion to help customers build and modernize their analytics platforms on the cloud. To excel in this role, you should possess deep solutions architecture and technical expertise, strong business acumen, and clearly communicate at all levels with the customer. The services you deliver will empower IT professionals across the globe to deliver messaging infrastructure that forms the backbone of enterprise architectures and modern serverless application platforms.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, solving tough technical problems and have a passion for data analytics, we want to hear from you.
You will work across the Azure Messaging product family. You will work with customers and partners to architect and design the solutions, proof of concepts or pilot projects to make our customers successful. Through these engagements, you will represent the voice of the customer distilling new requirements and issues into improvements for engineering teams. You will also collect patterns and lessons learned from your engagements and turn them into reference architectures, best practices and training for engineering teams and the global Azure Data Services community. You will work with our partners and enable them to help our customers maximize value in their Azure Synapse Analytics Lifecycle.
Responsibilities also include:
- Working hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate value and driving success from demo to proof-of-concept to design and implementation.
- Capturing best-practices from engagements, field teams and engineering, and sharing with the worldwide Azure Data Services community via whitepapers, blogs, presentations, and training.
- Maintaining deep understanding of complementary and competitive technologies and vendors and be able to design and position a more compelling Azure Data Services based solution.
- Collaborating with Product Management and Development teams to continuously improve the product.
- Assisting and advising our partner ecosystem to develop robust, high-quality solutions for customers.
- Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Excellent in-person presentation skills with executives, IT staff, and end users; able to pivot quickly and adapt messaging to suit a range of audience technical levels and requirements.
- Organize trainings and workshops to for partner enablement and training.
- Be a trusted advisor to some of our largest customers.
- Design end-to-end solution experiences.
- This role might require travel.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
- At least 5+ years business strategy, product management or consulting roles with direct customer engagement experience
- At least 5+ years of experience with any messaging technologies including AMQP and JMS and enterprise message brokers such as Azure Service Bus, Azure Event Hubs, IBM MQ, Apache ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis
- Experience with enterprise integrations using queues and topics (pub/sub)
- Passion for delivering mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration experience as well as ability to find win/win solutions
- Proven ability to drive strong business results
- Experience delivering cloud-based products and services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Cloud Screening (required for all C+AI Job Descriptions)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.