Senior Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Azure Edge + Platform brings together Edge platforms, devices, and services to deliver Edge solutions, operating systems, and engineering systems. Driven by its customers’ needs, Azure Edge + Platform seeks to accelerate growth for Azure, E&D, and Microsoft’s customers worldwide.
The organization’s portfolio spans the Cloud Edge Stack, Azure Engineering Systems, Azure Media Services - for end-to-end media workflow and analytics - and Microsoft’s Operating Systems including the Azure Host OS and Windows. This portfolio impressively powers the world with more than one billion monthly active devices.
The CI Execution team owns the Continuous Integration platform for Windows developers. The team is responsible for producing a reliable and high-quality validation signal from a cloud-first (Azure pipelines, serverless computing, async messaging, no-SQL etc.) geo-redundant infrastructure.
Our team is looking for engineers who are excited to take on the challenge of understanding a complex system and working on forward-looking cloud-first solutions at scale, all that with a customer-obsessed and data-driven mindset. This is a formidable task but what makes the team proud is seeing the direct impact of our improvements on the daily experience of our fellow Microsoft developers.
- Drive efforts across the entire Engineering Systems org to modernize the build and test systems
- Drive for achieving world class reliability across a cloud-based infrastructure
- Partner with product teams to integrate new workflows into the CI system
- Improve reliability and maintainability of existing systems
- Ensure team processes and build service meets all security and compliance requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent expeience
- 5+ years of coding experience with C++, C#, Java or similar language
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced with Azure services and .net stack
- Experienced with handling large telemetry data sets
- Demonstrated skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment
- Ability to independently learn how to work in many different and unfamiliar codebases
- Track record of driving cross team projects
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.