Senior Hardware Engineering
Location: Mountain View, California, Redmond, Washington, Sunnyvale, California
Job Type: Full time
The Azure Cloud HW Infrastructure Engineering/ Systems Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated and talented Technical Leader who is passionate about delivering Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Solutions and would like to translate this passion into development of world class Azure Cloud HW Infrastructure solutions and delivering services to millions of Microsoft Cloud customers. Microsoft provides ample opportunities for developers to have impact on products that touch the lives of millions of Azure Cloud users.
As a Systems Engineering team member, you will work directly with engineers across cross-functional teams to deliver hardware infrastructure designs from concept phase to data center deployment phases and support end cloud customers on the development & production issues. This is a customer facing engineering role and opportunity to leverage and grow your existing hardware or firmware design/validation experience and provide innovative E2E hardware solutions to Microsoft Cloud customers.
#azurehwjobs #CHIE #
Primary responsibilities include:
This position is for a Sr. System Engineer that is responsible for delivering node/rack system level requirements, perform NUDD analysis, develop Cloud DC node/rack level and integration specs, and drive cross-boundary issue triage, debug, and resolution for the Intel Gen 9 HPC program C2288. Additionally, the SE collaborates with internal/external partners to ensure systems meet quality, reliability, availability, and service level requirements for the DC.
As a HW expert, the individual will also engage with Microsoft’s AI Cloud services customers’ (Open AI, AI training services, Inference services, etc.) engineering teams and provide engineering support. Be able to support production issues triage related to HW infrastructure solutions (HW/FW/SW/OS), seek solutions to customer needs across AI HW infrastructure, and champion solutions for Open AI customers based on feedback, insights into production issues, design considerations, and use models.
- BS/MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering/ Computer Science or related degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience in server hardware/firmware design and solution level validation.
- Experience in usage of debug tools like (ITP, Arium, ARM JTAG tools or equivalent).
- Experienced in debugging complex system level issues related to GPUs, board hardware components, signal integrity, CPLD, thermal, and Firmware components on server systems, is required.
- Customer Support roles/experience in AI Cloud HW infrastructure solutions/services offerings
- Experience with direct customer facing roles of hardware engineering engagement including debug & triage.
- Fundamental knowledge of Computer Architecture, Server architecture at block level, Electrical/Power Hardware Design and HW/FW/OS interactions is required.
- Strong technical communication skills (verbal and written) to interface with MS Cloud AI services end customers.
- Experience in evaluating hardware designs, HW/FW/OS interactions, platform config trade-offs, and E2E error flows.
- Experience or knowledge about GPGPU based HW infrastructure platforms development, and performance assessment will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge about AI/ML training, inference algorithms, DNN, CNN, etc. will be an added advantage.
- Experience or knowledge about CPU/GPGPU interfaces, GPGPU Firmware, drivers, OS interactions will be an added advantage
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.