Principal Innovation Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Quantum has assembled a talented and diverse team to create the world’s first scalable quantum computing system and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. An important aspect of any groundbreaking new technology is early customer engagements and feedback.
The opportunity: The Principal PM will shape our customer engagement strategy and drive our internal field readiness engagements ensuring Microsoft field and industry vertical resources are trained and empowered on how to position our innovation programs. This critical role will directly contribute to growing our business and ensuring product/market fit. You will engage the Microsoft sellers and their leadership, ISV partners, and business leaders in preparing for a quantum future on our platform through collaborations in chemistry and molecular modeling today.
This role will have a direct and significant impact on one of the most unique programs at Microsoft, and requires a candidate with the ability to:
- Lead customer expansion strategy development for new Microsoft solutions with Microsoft sellers and partners.
- Identify customer needs/jobs-to-be-done, target audiences and associated value proposition.
- Drive complex and strategic engagements with the Microsoft field and industry sellers, from strategy to close.
- Lead technical presentations and demonstrations to explain and demonstrate the value of the solution.
- Actively take responsibility to identify and remove technical blockers associated with customer requirements.
- Build a strong and active network with both customers and Microsoft sellers.
- Create bridges to the broader Azure organization to leverage existing programs and processes to deliver a scalable customer program.
Ideal candidates will have experience incubating new products at Microsoft, excellent skills in developing new product positioning, and strong technical depth in the chemistry and materials science areas to engage with research teams with demonstrations, briefings, and support.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 15+ years of program managementexperience, including significant time incubating and positioning new customers.
- Demonstrated experience in developing new product growth strategies.
- Outstanding communication skills with well-above average executive presence and communication style maturity (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of Microsoft field and industry verticals.
- Technical/programming background is a strong plus.
Travel: up to 25%, primarily customer site visits.
MICROSOFT BACKGROUND CHECK:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.