Principal Hardware Group Program Manager
Location: Austin, Texas, Mountain View, California, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Azure is experiencing explosive growth and innovation connecting people, services, and devices around the world. Do you want to be at the forefront of innovating the latest hardware designs to propel Microsoft’s cloud growth? Are you seeking a unique career opportunity that combines your cross-team collaboration and technical capabilities with business insight and strategy? As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new hardware infrastructure on time, with high quality and in high volume is of paramount importance.
CHIE is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's 200+ online businesses including Office 365, Bing, Xbox Live, Teams, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure cloud services, including AI, compute, storage and networking.
We are looking for a Principal Hardware Group Program Manager to lead the lifecycle and portfolio management of our hardware technology. As a member of the Cloud Hardware and Infrastructure Engineering team you and your team will work across the Azure organization to develop and coordinate strategic initiatives and manage the end-to-end engineering process for hardware technology development.
In this role you will:
- Work with partner teams across the Azure organization to build and execute to a strategic hardware roadmap that provides the building blocks for the Azure infrastructure.
- Establish rigorous engineering processes to manage the end-to-end lifecycle of the hardware portfolio.
- You will work with teams inside and outside the company to enable the rapid development of next-generation devices.
- Develop talent and grow your team into a high performing healthy development organization.
- Establish a positive, mutually supporting, inclusive team culture consistent with Microsoft Values.
This is a key position in a high profile, high growth organization. You will be reporting to the GM of NPI and Cloud Hardware Manufacturing Engineering, with direct responsibility for significant aspects of the strategic and tactical planning and execution. You will regularly need to present technical strategy and analysis to the senior leadership.
- 15+ years executive experience leading engineering teams with strong program management, project management and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results, create a high-performing healthy team, and grow careers.
- Highly developed business acumen with extensive portfolio planning, management, and optimization
- Proven track record leveling decision makers, executives, and team members to drive transformational change
- Subject Matter Expertise in PMO, HW development life cycle and governance best practices
- Ability to apply a variety of strategic frameworks to analyze problems, guide solutions and develop process improvements.
- Adept communication skills, level-setting complex topics across engineering and executive teams.
- Demonstrated expertise with agile engineering approaches
- Knowledge and operational experience with server, storage, networking, and/or large-scale distributed systems
- An understanding of Azure technologies (www.azure.com)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.