Senior Software Engineer
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Job Type: Full time
As part of Microsoft’s vision of redefining productivity in a hybrid & distributed workplace, we are building a new, truly modern collaboration and productivity hub for the workspace. Microsoft Teams is core to Microsoft's vision for intelligent communications. We are fast becoming THE hub for teamwork in Office 365 with hundreds of thousands of organizations and tens of millions of users across the globe using Teams.
We are looking for a full-stack Senior Software Engineer to spearhead our efforts in meeting lifecycle.
This position is with the Microsoft Teams Calling, Meetings, and Devices division which tackles the toughest challenges in the collaboration and productivity space with customer driven shipping timelines by collaborating with multiple partner teams on technologies across the company and beyond.
Meeting lifecycle team covers functionality prior to the meeting, in-meeting capabilities and post meeting capabilities. We aspire to digitize every meeting and provide our customers with rich content within the meeting and after. Enabling not just those who attend the meeting but those who did not attend the meeting to benefit from what is discussed in a meeting.
We are looking for a developer who is passionate about building rich, scalable, reliable and engaging experiences & solutions. You can be part of the team innovating in this space that creates new opportunities for collaboration and supports our hybrid work model for customers.
If you are comfortable working in a high pace, high stakes environment serving hundreds of millions of users, where you continue to innovate and serve a customer base that depends on your solution day in and day out, this may be the team for you.
You will be playing a very crucial role in a team of highly motivated and talented individuals who bring high code quality, strong problem solving, design and debugging skills to the table. You'll be using the latest and greatest technology stack including React, Apollo, Typescript, CSS3, C# and more.
Come join and help us shape the future of work.
- Deliver: Design, implement and operate end-to-end product experiences, drive feature velocity, modularity, component reuse and performance/reliability, in close cooperation with multiple geographically distributed teams across Product, Design, User Research and Engineering teams to deliver complex, large-scale projects.
- Own: Complete end-to-end ownership through software lifecycle with strong focus on solution, code quality and efficiency is expected.
- Drive technical expertise: Optimize code/application for best performance. Use and promote state of the art technologies, tools and engineering practices.
- Share and contribute: Support and guide less senior team members, contribute to team spirit and dynamic growth, actively participate in wider engineering group- and product-wide activities.
- 4+ years of software development experience in building and shipping production grade software.
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Strong cross-discipline and cross group collaboration skills.
- Passion for delivering high quality/delightful user experience
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies and adopt solution from within the company or from the Open Source community.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Accommodation-Accessibility Request | Microsoft Careers