Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
The Partner Programs Team within SCM CxE [Security, Compliance and Management Customer Experience Engineering] engages deeply with strategic global partners enabling them to effectively drive deployment, adoption, and usage for customers across the M365 solution. We are looking for a customer-focused individual with broad technical knowledge to work directly with global partners on M365 Defender with a specific focus on Microsoft Defender for Office [MDO]. Come join a team focused on Enterprise enablement leveraging technology to drive accelerated workplace transformation with our customers. #scimjobs
- Ecosystem Enablement & Consumption: Partners are at the centre of enabling us to scale deployment, adoption, and usage of our security products and in defining our customer’s experience with these services. Use your deep technical subject matter expertise to ready and enable this deployment ecosystem, driving investments to build better products for our scale motion. Collaborate with key partners to identify their technical and business requirements, spearheading the continuous improvement of capabilities at our partners with education on engineering investments and latest technical information partners need in support of our customers.
- Product & Service Insights: Working with Security engineering teams, use your technical knowledge and partner expertise to help guide the future direction of our products and services. Directly influence product roadmap with voice of partner to build better products. Ensuring our partner needs are understood and evangelized throughout the engineering organization as part of the development lifecycle is critical to our long-term business growth and sustainability.
Successful candidates will demonstrate these skills/qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in cross-group, cross-functional engineering roles.
- 2+ years of experience with security technologies working to deliver and/or support customers/partners through modern transformation programs.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with partners [Business Decision Makers, CSOs and IT Leaders] representing Engineering to ensure they understand our services and value proposition; direct experience working with Microsoft Partners is highly desired.
- Demonstrated deep technical ability and product knowledge of M365 Defender and specifically Microsoft Defender for Office [MDO]
- Passion for enabling great partner experiences, outstanding customer satisfaction track record.
- Technical curiosity and aptitude to quickly understand service capabilities, technical issues, and partner needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization, from senior executives on down, across all functions from business to technical, and across multiple geographies.
- Solid experience in identifying technical gaps and advocating on behalf of the customer to make products stronger and a proven track record driving the prioritization of a backlog based on actual customer evidence.
- Demonstrated flexibility and experience building out scalable programs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $145,600-$218,400.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.