Solution Area Specialists Director-Financial Services
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, Dallas, Texas, Miami, Florida, New York, New York, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Discovers and qualifies new leads; drives consumption with new and exisiting customers. Identifies market and customer needs and collaborates with internal teams to devise solutions to meet those needs. Orchestrates deals across multiple stakeholder groups including partners. Positions Microsoft solutions in competitive landscape through research and collaboration; utilizes industry expertise to differentiate Microsoft solutions. Develops and manages pipeline for territory and forecasts resource needs; meets with customers on site to deepen relationships and solution development.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Brings impactful industry insights into customer engagements and helps close deals with customers. Acts as a thought leader in digital transformation across solution areas to advise customers and represent Microsoft, and coaches others internally on how to do this. Leads transformational shifts to drive deployment and create business value for customers. Leads a virtual cross-organizational team on strategic projects and high impact solution sales deployments that enable digital transformation and deliver business value. May lead partner integration into account/territory planning and customer engagements.
- Leads their teams to identify and track new opportunities. Leverages stakeholders (e.g., Customer Success team unit, account-aligned team unit, Specialist Team Unit, One Commercial Partner organization) to build pipeline within the territory. Coaches team members on interfacing with prospective customers to build network. Applies Microsoft's sales process (MSP) to determine the quality of the opportunity and whether to proceed, and educate the customers on how to best address their needs.
- Coaches their team to collaborate with partners and other internal teams (e.g., Technical Sales Professionals, Global Black Belts) and to engage customers to drive consumption. Leads with technical and industry insights on how to grow customer business.
- Guides and orchestrates their team on communicating with customers to understand their business needs or facilitates customer interactions to assess customer needs. Provides direction/guidance on the development of solutions across solution areas and support areas. Helps the team create vision for the customers and develop plans to drive sales.
- Coaches their team and/or other teams (e.g., account team unit (ATU), specialist team unit (STU)) on identifying and engaging decision makers and stakeholders to expand the relationship with customers/partners. Engages C-Suite decision makers to support teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration. Represents their team internally at Microsoft as they engage other internal stakeholders.
- Leads their team to develop strategies for driving and closing opportunities. Drives the implementation of strategies and the collaboration with the account team to ensure alignment. Leads their team on ways to implement and share close plans (e.g., how to map timeline, engage the customer, get customer buy-in and commitment) to de-risk and drive predictable deal closure.
Scaling and Collaboration
- Guides their team to build a network of partners to cross-sell and up-sell. Leads the team to identify new partners and evaluate partner capabilities. Facilitates the development of partner strategies and ensures execution. Provides input and feedback to One Commercial Partner (OCP) on developing partner strategies and building partner capabilities.
- Coaches their team to learn about and apply the orchestration model. Facilitates and leads internal communication and collaboration by identifying resources and removing barriers. Contributes to the development of the orchestration model.
- Supports their team on participating in Microsoft events. Contributes to setting up the events and promoting best practice sharing across subsidiaries.
- Acts as the spokesman for Microsoft at external events. Provides expertise to customers/partners and shares knowledge on a specific platform or market.
- Coaches their team on business and market knowledge. Leads team's internal collaboration to position Microsoft products, solutions, and/or services against competitors. Acts as a thought leader to help their team connect Microsoft solutions to customer business impact.
- Builds and transforms new markets by leveraging technical and industry expertise, partners, and resources. Leads a team to explore business and emerging opportunities to optimize the portfolio and facilitate customer innovation.
- Lays out customer satisfaction long-term strategies. Proactively promotes development of deep and influential relationships with client contacts. Guides their team on ensuring customer/partner satisfaction and facilitates the resolution of sales/delivery issues for strategic accounts. Establishes standards for customer/partner experiences.
- Participates in regular strategic planning for their assigned territory. Review plans via Rhythm of Business (ROB) meetings and aligns the plans of their team across departments. Guides team to align their approach with sales excellence team. Engages with external executives to bring a more strategic perspective into the planning portion of account planning.
- Guides their team in whitespace analysis and supports the team to identify potential business in the assigned territory. Aligns the analysis approach across teams. Acts as a thought leader and clears opinions and perspectives from business analysis.
- Oversees the end-to-end business across geographical regions. Ensures their team meet sales targets and operational standards and maintains the health of metrics within the assigned territory. Interacts with Corporate leadership and senior-level stakeholders to get support for their team and the geographical regions.
- Completes required training and obtains relevant product and role certifications aligned to the role and workload/industry. Mentors/coaches the team on growing knowledge on sales or products and ensures the team complete training and obtain certifications as required. Seek additional learning opportunities and prioritize to enhance effectiveness.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.#AIFY23H1
- 7+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 6+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 9+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or related field AND 8+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration (i.e., MBA), Information Technology, or related field AND 5+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience.
- 6+ years of solution or services sales experience.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
How You Do It
Knowledge, Skills, AbilitiesAccount ManagementBusiness AcumenBusiness KnowledgeBusiness Relationship ManagementChallenger MindsetChange ManagementCompetitive IntelligenceConflict ResolutionConsultative SellingCreativityDecision MakingEnglish Language ProficiencyExecutive RelationshipsFinancial AnalysisForecastingMarket KnowledgeMicrosoft Consulting ServicesMicrosoft Product KnowledgeMicrosoft Support ServicesNegotiationOperational ExcellenceOpportunity/Deal OrchestrationPresentationsProblem SolvingSales StrategySell-With PartnersSocial SellingStorytellingTechnical CommunicationTechnical SalesTechnical SolutionsTechnology Industry KnowledgeTrusted Technical AdvisorWritten Communication
Internal Use Only: Culture and Values
- Learn more about Microsoft’s Culture: Culture - Home (sharepoint.com)
- Learn more about Microsoft Values: Values - Home (sharepoint.com)
- Learn more about Leadership Principles: Leadership Principles - Leadership Principles (sharepoint.com)
- Learn more about Management Excellence: Management excellence - Home (sharepoint.com)