Channel Marketing Campaign Strategy Lead - Windows/Surface
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In Consumer Channel Sales & Marketing (CCSM) our purpose is to create value with our partners, to market and sell innovative consumer solutions powered by Windows, Office, Surface, and Xbox. We’re positioned right at the intersection of customers, hardware partners, and channel partners. Our team works with ecosystem partners and internal business groups to drive digital excellence and e-commerce capability, as well as accelerate cloud and subscription adoption. Together, we win by delivering compelling at-home and on-the-go experiences combining intelligent edge devices and services that create Microsoft fans for life.
We are seeking a Senior Campaign Planning Marketer to develop and execute marketing campaigns in partnership with our retailers across North America to drive innovative campaigns for our Windows business. The Senior Campaign Planning Marketer will have four responsibilities: 1) lead the development of our NA retail Windows strategy in partnership with teams across Microsoft; 2) drive breakthrough, innovative campaigns with our retailers and partner marketers; 3) explore new partnerships across agencies, brands and tools to support our campaigns coming to market; 4) manage the Windows NA marketing retail budget. This would include driving the strategy, planning, and end-to-end execution of some of our most innovative campaigns that align to product launches, major business priorities, and key beats throughout the year. You will author integrated marketing plans, develop campaign creative briefs, oversee asset production (e.g. video/film/digital advertising) and partner with both global and regional/field teams to hit all customer touch points.
The ideal candidate thrives in a strategy, innovative, inclusive, and dynamic work environment, and will be equally capable at strategic and tactical levels. They have a strong business and marketing foundation and possess superior communication and teamwork skills.
By joining the Channel Marketing team, you’ll work closely with Category, Channel Sales, & Partner Marketing to drive full-funnel marketing for an exciting product and service portfolio that only continues to grow: Windows. As part of a [larger] regional team, you’ll have the opportunity to share learnings and best practices with other markets as well as leverage the regional infrastructure for support and shared platforms.
Working closely with partners, what’s powerful about this role is the ability to help our partners transform and drive innovation at Microsoft – whether that be enabling new capabilities in digital, creating a point-of-experience in-store or building new channel/segment opportunities. You will possess the creativity to lead the evolution of our strategy as well as the skills to create and sustain consistent operational excellence. You will also be someone who is passionate about inclusivity and are inspired by collaborating with high performing sales, category, and marketing teams.
Campaign development and production:
- Lead planning, strategy, and manage budget of the integrated marcom plans that drive key business metrics for the Windows business.
- Oversee creative development and production/execution and cross-campaign integration - in partnership with the Modern Life campaign line of business leads to drive consumer insights, media, owned channels, regional teams and external agencies and partners.
- Directly lead campaign development and video and digital advertising production for campaigns and key event-related assets with agency partners.
- Provide feedback to our WW team on key consumer facing messaging and copy and identify assets that can be used consistently across all integrated marketing channels.
- Streamline and continue to evolve launch processes and communications with a large set of stakeholders, such as launch prioritization, reporting, and tracking of core launch milestones.
- Drive communications and content distribution worldwide, including guidance for worldwide usage.
- Lead the development and distribution of key campaign documents, including authoring the integrated marketing plan, campaign creative briefs, etc. and present o senior executives at Microsoft.
Cross-team collaboration and project management:
- Partnership with Global Product Marketing on core business objectives and outcomes.
- Partnership with the Consumer Engagement team and digital agency partners to ensure successful implementation across all digital channels (.com, social, CRM, etc).
- Partnership with regional marketing and marcom leads to ensure successful implementation and execution in key markets around the world.
- Partnership with Consumer Insights team on consumer insights, business intelligence, campaign measurement and reporting, etc.
- Partnership with Media to ensure successful integration and coordination of key paid media strategies.
- Partnership with the Worldwide Retail Services and Microsoft Stores teams to drive campaign implementation at retail.
- Budget ownership and management across multiple deliverables and lines of business.
- Maintaining compliance with legal, Geo Political and on the creative content approvals and clearances.
- Strong v-team management skills.
- Ability to drive team goals that contribute to growth of the business to the finish line.
Facilitate decision-making and collaboration across a variety of stakeholders.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Four Year college degree or relative work experiences.
- A minimum of 7+ years of related experience working in marketing communications, across a variety of marketing disciplines such as retail, digital, events, advertising, or public relations.
- Proven success at marketing and execution planning – particularly Retail Marketing with Consumer Technology products
- Ability to deliver scalable marketing plans from concept to delivery, including an ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, effectively driving to measurable results.
- Strong executive presence, cross-group collaboration and communication skills that drive influence among the senior leaders across a highly-matrixed organization.
- The ability to work independently in ambiguous and changing environments, along with great listening, collaboration and partnering skills
- Must be customer centric and driven by a priority of earning fans.
- Must be nimble enough to negotiate with multiple stakeholders, be able to defend work, and also know when to accept direction.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.