Cloud Solution Architect -Power Platform/PowerBI - Top Secret - CTJ
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Microsoft Federal organization was established to address the unique mission, legal/regulatory requirements, and procurement rules and processes of the United States Government (USG). Microsoft Federal is committed to ensuring its resources – including appropriately qualified, experienced, and certified personnel (with necessary security clearances or otherwise) are available as needed to meet USG evolving needs. To that end, Microsoft embraces, as a mission-critical philosophy, flexibility in the recruiting, hiring, and workforce assignment of Microsoft Federal personnel. Microsoft Federal personnel can expect to serve in various roles in the Microsoft Federal organization during the course of their career to meet evolving USG needs, regardless of segment – Civilian, Defense, or intelligence community.
Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs) are deep technical advisors supporting Enterprise customers to deliver unique value by removing blockers to consumption within their given Solution Area. CEs provide technical support including risk assessments and tuning to operate and optimize a customer’s cloud or on-premise environment. The Customer Engineer provides support delivery services as well as technical readiness through a Customer’s Support contract via dispatch by the account team. Customer Engineer services can be delivered either remotely or on-premises.
Serving as a vital customer facing technical resource, you will be responsible for providing a mixture of tailored proactive services and reactive assistance that span the planning, migration and operations of Office 365; ultimately driving successful customer adoption and satisfaction.
We are seeking a CSA who specializes in Office 365 (Power Platform/PowerBI) who will partner with customer business decision makers and IT teams to understand their business requirements and address these using Microsoft technologies.
As a CSA you will be a key technical resource for the customer, primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments and providing tailored guidance. Troubleshooting skills are essential as this role will include working with Microsoft Premier Support to expedite incident resolution.
The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements.
As a Power Platform/PowerBI Customer Engineer you will be making impact with your customers through support management, support execution (Deliver Results through Teamwork & Optimizing Business Results) and through Leadership and growing the business.
- You will be the specialist for Microsoft’s Power Platform for low/no-code apps, and workflow automation within your account teams.
- You will be the subject matter expert on your local team for PowerApps, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agent.
- You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proofs of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Power Platform products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- You will lead to clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Power Platform customer usage.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the deployment and adoption of Power Platform solutions.
- You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
2+ years of BI experience with Designing and supporting solutions using:
- Power BI, Reporting Services, Azure Analysis Services, ETL, Data warehousing management, Data Mining, Report Designer or developer
- Heterogeneous Database Management Systems like Oracle, Postgres SQL, MySQL, SAP etc.
- Programing languages such as C#, TSQL, DAX, MDX
- Extensive Power Apps, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agent development experience
- Understanding of Development Methodologies, DevOps & SecOps
- A sound knowledge of the Open Source ecosystem
At least one of the following Microsoft Certifications is required:
- Microsoft Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI DA-100
- Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst PL-300
- Microsoft Power Platform Solution Architect Expert PL-600
- Microsoft Power Platform Developer PL-400
- Microsoft Power Platform App Maker PL-100
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Top Secret Clearance:
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience
Travel: Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position may require travel to customer sites up to 25%-50% of the time.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.