DC PM - Compliance
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Job Type: Full time
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Datacenter Program Manager - Compliance (DCPM).
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I DCPM Compliance, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development for all employees and offers trainings and growth opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
As a successful Datacenter Program Manager Compliance, your success will be measured by:
- Acting as the single point of contact for all datacenter metro level audit and compliance projects, initiatives, and ongoing operational activities including site safety drills and tabletop exercises.
- Learning and living the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success.
- Empowering a culture of safety and security in global datacenter operations by complying with CO+I’s safety programs and policies and completing compliance knowledge assessments.
- Developing positive working relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders.
As a successful Datacenter Program Manager Compliance, your day-to-day work will include:
- Perform regular site inspections for audit readiness and compliance and lead corrective action plans on gaps and shortfalls identified through assessments.
- Implement strategies that aid overall compliance of the Data Center Metro, ensure the successful onboarding of new facilities, and continuously improve operational efficiencies linked to the compliance and audit program.
- Complete quarterly Enterprise Governance Risk and Compliance control including tools audit tasks, access review tasks, wireless scan tasks, Critical Environments and EH&S site assessments, ensuring all compliance standards are met.
- Liaise with procedural document owners to resolve gaps identified through assessments, audits, or other observations and ensure all historical and current auditable documentation (physical and digital) is maintained in accordance with Microsoft document retention policies.
- Manage and maintain all environmental, emergency, and business continuity plans/documents for the Datacenter Metro.
- Spend 25% of the time on the floor ensuring metro wise standards are maintained within all DCs and that we are compliant with cleanliness, stowage, 5S, in process work standards, life safety, and others.
Data Center Work Environment:
- Share best practices, assists others in learning role, process, procedures, and mentors others
- Promotes a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
- Realize the impact of change on others
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- Embody our Microsoft One culture and values
Microsoft reviews all applications that meet the below Required Qualifications.
For this role, you are welcome to apply if you meet the following Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND 1+ years industry experience
- OR 2+ years industry experience and college course work.
While not required, we also look for the following Preferred Qualifications:
- Possess a strong record of accomplishment in operational excellence.
- Build productive and collaborative relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Experience in managing Compliance in large-scale mission critical infrastructure environments.
- Articulate communicator and influencer who is credible, self-assured, and highly capable of negotiating successful outcomes with key business leaders.
- Have strong technical skills and the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner.
- Apply previous learning and ideas to new situations, projects, and teams, developing creative solutions to manage risk.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen that includes experience working with leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by the flow of operations.
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.