Customer Success Account Manager - Secret - CTJ
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Microsoft Federal organization was established to address the unique mission, legal/regulatory requirements, and procurement rules and processes of the United States Government (USG). Microsoft Federal is committed to ensuring its resources – including appropriately qualified, experienced, and certified personnel (with necessary security clearances or otherwise) are available as needed to meet USG evolving needs. To that end, Microsoft embraces, as a mission-critical philosophy, flexibility in the recruiting, hiring, and workforce assignment of Microsoft Federal personnel. Microsoft Federal personnel can expect to serve in various roles in the Microsoft Federal organization during the course of their career to meet evolving USG needs, regardless of segment – Civilian, Defense, or intelligence community.
As a Customer Success Account Manager, you are the primary customer facing role responsible for customer success through the management of program deliveries and strong customer relationships. The prevailing business priority is the customers’ successful adoption and productive use of Microsoft cloud technologies. You are front and center with our customers supporting their digital journey and empowering them to achieve more!
Key Accountabilities include:
- Fulfill Support contract obligations by driving quality planning and delivery of Support services to realize customer business outcomes and overall experience with Microsoft solutions.
- Partner with your customer and Account Team to prioritize and plan customer engagements and programs across cloud and on-premises workloads.
- Define outcomes to improve the health, performance, and business capabilities of the prioritized workloads to drive customer value realization.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer Software Engineering and IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates. Be the voice of the customer.
- Orchestration, customer sponsor management, and stakeholder communication of prioritized engagements and programs.
- Track, escalate, and plan for the remediation of technical blockers and provide engineering feedback to further our product and solutions as appropriate.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/about
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 4+ years of success in complex technical engagement management and/or program management.
- OR Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 3+ years of success in complex technical engagement management and/or program management.
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience in a Program Manager or Engagement Manager position focused on Cloud and software/services solution
- Active Secret Clearance
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 8+ of success in complex technical engagement management and/or program management.
- OR Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 6+ years of success in complex technical engagement management and/or program management.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years relevant work experience within customer industry.
- Microsoft or competitor equivalent (e.g., AWS) certification in relevant technologies (e.g., Azure, 365).
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification or equivalent service management certification.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent Project Management certification
- Top Secret or TS/SCI clearance preferred
Leadership - This role requires strong communication skills, as well as displaying executive presence and confidence in varying levels of customer situations. The CSAM must show leadership in teams comprised of Microsoft, Partner and customer resources who may be engaged in the delivery of complex solutions for overall customer success.
Relationship Building - Proven track record of building relationships with senior customer executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions/engagements required.
Program Management - Excellent skills in planning for a portfolio of engagements, cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration, communications, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail required.
Collaboration and Communication - Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with verbal and written communication. Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences and various levels of management (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist).
Technologies: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture
Travel required: 0-25%
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi annual basis.
Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.