Strategic Client Executive - Manufacturing
Location: Houston, Texas, Palo Alto, California
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
A role like this may very well be the pinnacle of your career. Be part of a dynamic, world-class community that will enable you to learn, collaborate, and contribute with the top minds in the industry. You will build and foster strategic relationships with the c-suites of the most impactful brands in their respective industries and will be at the forefront of their digital transformations. Envision working jointly with these customers to merge business vision with engineering roadmaps to enable market-making innovations. Be the visionary that takes their leaders on a journey but use your industry and business acumen to make those dreams of today, tangible business outcomes of tomorrow.
All of this will require you to orchestrate a large, global, internal team that you will lead through influence without authority, and together, you will challenge things that were never thought possible. You will be the Customer Outcomes leader who sets the strategy & direction, drive action, and progress toward strategic objectives and value realization, by solving for the customers business outcomes with multi-year goals. With your vision, demonstrate Business Value across clouds and solution areas by becoming deeply embedded in the customer’s industry and business. With your Industry and Business acumen, you will execute on this strategy on a joint account plan to act on the customers business outcomes and to capture the total available market. Having a direct impact on Microsoft Revenue and the Customers transformation, you will own the Strategic Trusted Relationship & Design Thought Leadership enabling business transformation & innovation.
- Manages the development and application of a mature/dynamic customer plan based on proven methodologies to manage a sustainable, long-term business portfolio. Leads strategies for the assigned account that yield high-volume sales and open new opportunities for both Microsoft and the partners, aligned to goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Orchestrates the execution of strategies for the assigned account to ensure engagements yield high-volume sales, drive plans to increase revenue potential, and open new opportunities for both Microsoft and the partners, aligned to goals, budgets, and forecasts. Leads and coordinates a diverse team (e.g., industry experts) on plan execution (e.g., prioritization, delegation) and drives accountability to execute and deliver on account plans and grow the account, leveraging industry expertise.
- Proactively expands strategic network of key internal and external partners and decision makers, including vertical industry partners, to ensure execution of core tasks and account transactions, and to provide a comprehensive account management experience.
- Leads efforts with key internal and external partners and business and technical decision makers in developing, sharing, and promoting mutually beneficial, long-term, tailored account plans to grow sales and partner impact, leveraging deep relationships, influence, and industry expertise. Collaborates across organization and partners in discussions to impact the broader ecosystem (e.g., passing legislation).
- Proactively solicits feedback on additional needs, products, and features to develop targeted strategies for customers. Demonstrates a strong understanding
of the customer's business model to articulate growth opportunities, leveraging industry expertise to shape ecosystem. Influences relevant (internal and external) stakeholders and resources to drive change on behalf of the customer and to enhance team capabilities, improve Microsoft offerings, and adapt Microsoft's messaging to the assigned account.
- Leverages close relationships with leaders (e.g., senior leaders, C-level executives) of the assigned account and the broader ecosystem to shape long-term strategic direction and influence business metrics. Connects appropriate internal executives and partners to build strategic relationships, leveraging knowledge of customer business.
- Engages in strategic discussions by articulating ideas to evolve and facilitate evolution of customer business model, using Microsoft capabilities to solve customer's complex business problems. Drives strategic initiatives to promote a more holistic digital approach between Microsoft and the customer.
- Leverages unique, strategic, industry-focused business insights and opportunities to create long-term, competitive advantage for the customer.
- Proactively elevates relationships and uses Microsoft sales strategies (e.g., challenger mindset) through multiple levels of the customer's organization to secure buy-in and execution. Expands strategic customer relationships to drive larger impact for the customer and spread into other areas of the organization.
- Articulates Microsoft's and partners' point of view and creates deep connections with decision makers throughout multiple levels of the customers' organization to drive purchase decisions and increase interaction and participation, leveraging relevant tools and resources (e.g., LinkedIn). Leverages relationships to address complex political blockers and drive execution for the customer.
- Proactively develops a strong, comprehensive understanding of customer's business needs, priorities, strategies, and industry insights. Anticipates customer's needs to deliver new insights on their business strategy, and educate customers on ways to address them jointly. Shows long-term differentiated value for the customer, leveraging industry expertise and guides internal colleagues on ways to develop deeper customer knowledge. Delivers solutions into overall long-term business strategy.
- Leverages deep relationships with key customer contacts and immerses self in customer business to seek customer feedback (both formal and informal)
regarding ways to acquire, retain, and grow more of their business for their customers and to identify and understand the drivers of satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction, leveraging industry expertise and understanding customer business strategy.
- Orchestrates the creation of long-term strategies aimed at building a level of loyalty that would be hard for competitors to overcome. Anticipates issues/risks on customer satisfaction, determines the root cause of problems, removes blockers, and establishes recovery action plan to improve customer's overall experience. Builds trust and loyalty with the customer by providing up-to-date insights, challenging the customer when necessary, and introducing innovative ideas relevant to the customer's business strategy. Enables customers to provide feedback directly to executives to help transform account space by establishing open communication channels for feedback, providing executive sponsorship, and providing direction to others to ensure customer feedback is addressed through One Microsoft approach.
- Orchestrates high-impact solutions that enable digital transformation for assigned accounts and drive outcomes that create business value for customers. Owns the development of strategies that showcase the value added by Microsoft's innovative cloud offerings and ideas grounded on a deep understanding of industry trends and based on account needs and customer's expectations. Brings greater ecosystem together with the customer to discuss how to enrich customer's value to their customers.
- Leverages understanding of customer business and engages Microsoft decision makers to drive customer's strategy, goals, and optimization. Engages and influences decision makers of the account (e.g., senior leaders, executives) to position Microsoft to increase customer's budget allocated to Microsoft, and tailor solutions that satisfy customers' Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Uses business cases to develop and present compelling value proposition presentations and specialized business plans for customers that showcase Microsoft's products and solutions to connect decision makers in the account to the broader Microsoft solutions, provide thought leadership to guide others on tailoring presentations, and generate new opportunities.
- Earns and maintains status as a trusted advisor to executive-level business decision makers of the assigned account by bringing innovative ideas and leveraging industry expertise. Mobilizes and mentors the account management team and relevant internal stakeholders with deep industry expertise (e.g., industry solutions executives) to build deep partnerships with decision makers of the assigned account. Leverages best-in-class sales and communication strategies and tools to meet business needs and identify new opportunities.
- Creates and qualifies new opportunities by identifying strategic opportunities (e.g., large, long-term) within accounts and guiding the customer on how to best identify new opportunities, leveraging deep customer and industry relationships.
- Leverages internal network of industry experts (e.g., industry solutions executives) to strengthen knowledge of the industry (e.g., emerging trends), competitors (e.g., AWS, Salesforce) and customer business priorities (e.g., challenges, competitive landscape) and leverages in-depth knowledge of Microsoft's offerings (e.g., product landscape, solutions, strategy to address customer needs) to share knowledge internally, influence customers' business capabilities, drive more competitive solutions, and enhance growth of the account team.
- Embody our culture and values
customer by providing up-to-date insights, challenging the customer when necessary, and introducing innovative ideas relevant to the customer's business strategy. Enables customers to provide feedback directly to executives to help transform account space by establishing open communication channels for feedback, providing executive sponsorship, and providing direction to others to ensure customer feedback is addressed through One Microsoft approach.
- 8+ years experience in working in an industry (e.g., Government, Education) and/or driving digital transformation
o OR Bachelor's Degree AND 7+ years experience working in an industry (e.g., Government, Education) and/or driving digital transformation
o OR Master's Degree AND 6+ years experience working in an industry (e.g., Government, Education) and/or driving digital transformation.
- 6+ years experience making recommendations to and/or collaborating with mid-to-senior level executives.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree AND 10+ years experience working in an industry (e.g., Government, Education) and/or driving digital transformation
o OR Master's Degree AND 8+ years experience working in an industry (e.g., Government, Education) and/or driving digital transformation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.