Senior Software Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
The mission of Microsoft Digital Security & Resilience (DSR) is to enable Microsoft to build the most trusted devices and services, while keeping our company safe and our data protected. As part of Microsoft’s Security, Compliance, Identity, and Management organization, and a steward of Microsoft and our customer’s data, a core function of Microsoft DSR is ensuring the security of every aspect of the business. Microsoft DSR is responsible for company-wide information security and compliance, with a strategic focus on information protection, assessment, awareness, governance, and enterprise business continuity. As customer zero, we deploy and secure these services inside Microsoft and then share best practices with enterprise customers at scale across the globe. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We build and manage applications for Microsoft’s on-prem identity and entitlement services and platform. The team is customer focused with an emphasis on security, a great user experience and high reliability. If that sounds like the right environment for you, please join us! If you have experience working with high scale applications and services, come and share your learnings; otherwise bring your passion and willingness to learn.
You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our world-wide operations. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies as the earliest adopters while mentoring other team members.
Location: This role may have the ability to work remotely.
- Architect, design and implement large scale and full stack systems built on top of Azure.
- Adhere to modern engineering practices, effective coding, writing unit test cases, debugging, code reviewing and creating CI/CD pipelines.
- Work with customers and collaboration with cross team.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and help manage priorities, deliverables and timelines.
- Think and advocate the direction team should take – technical and domain-wise.
- Review work of peer members and coach them for growth.
- BS/MS in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of software development and design experience.
- Experience in Identity space or Identity Management Tools.
- Experience with cloud products like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Demonstrate passion and ability in collaborating with external teams, partners and customers.
- Outstanding aptitude in architecting, designing, coding, debugging, code reviewing and delivering excellent products.
- Technical passion, Problem solving skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Experience with owning or driving large scale services, components or feature areas.
- Experience optimizing automation, reliability and monitoring.
- Solid communication skills, customer focus and data driven approach.
- End-to-end Delivery & Innovation.
- Agility in fast paced environment.
In the state of Colorado, the salary range for this role is from $133,900 to $218,400. At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.