Director of Program Management
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this momentum. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
We are looking for a passionate and high energy Director of Program Management with direct experience in semiconductor supply chain. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in Microsoft’s evolving silicon strategy by providing thought leadership towards development of supply chain capabilities in support of Microsoft’s custom and semi-custom silicon programs. This role will be responsible for the transformation of our supply chain through program managing the schedule, scope, cost, value realization, and OKRs for our supply chain transformation and will be instrumental in execution planning and ensuring we deliver to program milestones.
- Lead program management for the design, development, and delivery of Microsoft’s custom silicon supply chain capabilities
- Blend semiconductor supply chain background with program management experience to develop an understanding of current org capabilities, infrastructure, and processes within the supply chain organization as well as interdependencies with partner organizations towards Microsoft’s readiness in delivering advanced silicon components
- Lead partnership with internal and external stakeholders in identifying gaps across people, processes, and infrastructure that need to be addressed to get to the future state
- Build an execution plan to close the gaps identified above with an emphasis on efficiency, effectiveness, and overall operational excellence through the identification of clear owners, deliverables, and timelines
- Identify appropriate stage gates needing decision from executives, facilitate discussions and drive decision making to achieve program goals
- Drive prioritization of work towards resolution of the most glaring, urgent, and critical gaps, and hurdles, escalating issues to appropriate levels of management in a timely manner to avoid risk to the overall program
- Manage coordination between parallel workstreams and serve as a liaison between internal teams and external partners
- Adapt program goals, plans and milestones to the organization’s evolving needs
- Drive timely communication and messaging to key stakeholders and executives
- Engineering degree, preferably Supply Chain, Computer, Electrical or Physics disciplines, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in semiconductor supply chain with understanding of silicon design, process, and packaging technologies
- 6+ years of experience in program management leading supply chain transformation projects
- Experienced program manager with demonstrated success in managing schedule, scope, cost, value realization, and OKRs for complex multiyear programs in the semiconductor industry
- Ability to partner with and lead internal and external teams to build credibility and trust while driving alignment around common strategy/ program goals
- Executive presence and maturity in communicating with executives
- Self-motivated with superior problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically but detailed oriented to support hypothesis with facts and data
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.