Cloud Network Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
As part of Microsoft Azure, the Azure Networking team designs and builds the network infrastructure that powers hundreds of thousands of servers in datacenters around the globe, providing network infrastructure services for Azure, Bing, and other Microsoft cloud services. In Azure Networking, we are at the very front of Cloud Computing by running one of the largest Data Center Network and Wide Area Network infrastructures in the world. Our team is responsible for translating the business requirements and leveraging different technologies to create a regional network design. By joining this team, you will gain marketable experience in service-oriented network architectures at a massive scale.
We are looking for a Cloud Network Engineer who has experience in cloud scale network design in a Wide Area Network /Data Center to support large-scale distributed systems.
The position is responsible for understanding business requirements and working with individual engineering teams leveraging different network technologies to create a regional network design covering Wide Area Network and Data Center Network. This position also requires participation in “DevOps on call rotation” to troubleshoot and resolve production issues which serves as a feedback loop to improve design.
- 3+ years' experience in network design/architecture
- 1+ years' experience in operating large-scale network
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is required
- Understanding of CLOS Network architectures
- Experienced in Complex Network migration planning
- Good understanding of different networking technologies (Example network device hardware, optic technologies, etc...)
- Broad understanding of TCP/IP fundamental and different routing protocols: BGPis preferred
- Have great attention to detail and documentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and take initiative
- Passion and drive for world-changing impact
- Familiarity/hands on experience with any network device operating systems (Sonic, Arista, Cisco, Juniper)
- Experience in large data mining and analysis
- Hold networking certification (example CCNA, CCDE, JNCIA, JNCIE, etc…)
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.