Azure AI Sales Lead – Programs and Partnerships
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Azure AI Sales Lead – Programs and Partnerships
We’re looking for an exceptional strategic thinker, sales programs leader, and cross-team collaborator to help accelerate Azure AI adoption across the globe. The primary focus for this role is to design and implement AI-led sales programs to catalyze customer’s production AI projects, collaborate with Microsoft’s largest external partners to package and deploy AI offerings, and work with our global Field teams to develop community and readiness for Azure AI.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- Increase AI adoption globally by creating and landing successful AI-led sales programs:
- Translate AI technology into customer-centric, outcome-based scenarios. Document the messaging and aggregate sales programs and assets for sellers to drive AI-led solution success.
- Lead the design, documentation, and implementation of successful AI-led sales programs and plays, especially in collaboration with key Microsoft partners
- Establish working relationships and business rhythms with strategic partners to align on Azure AI priorities and mutually drive success for our joint customers.
- Coach worldwide sales field, including individual contributors and sales managers, for effective execution of each sales program
- Role model the seller behaviors and skill set for successful execution of each sales program through customer engagements, deal coaching workshops, 1-many training events, and 1-1 engagement with sellers and sales managers
- Collaborate with AI sales leads, the partner organization, marketing teams, engineering, and other teams to drive effective AI program development and landing
- Own the worldwide business results and insights for AI and AI-led sales programs:
Accelerate the success of Digital Transformation with Partners and Customers by increasing AI adoption across managed accounts
- Accountability for the growth and target attainment of the worldwide AI consumption business
- Actively drive and manage the performance of the AI sales programs, demonstrating positive sales programs impact on Azure AI consumption and Adoption
- Accountability of AI sales program pipeline generation and velocity at the geographical, segment, and workload levels
- Identify, capture, and communicate customer, partner, and seller feedback and insights on sales program effectiveness and use this to inform the sales strategy and program evolution, as well as surface through key business review rhythms
- Anticipate issues and influence Corp teams on improvements needed across programs, products and GTMs to improve pipeline, Microsoft’s win, rates and accelerate customers’ projects
- Demonstrate thought leadership internally and externally in AI to create impact through influence.
- Depth of knowledge on the problem and opportunity space from the customer perspective as well as the industry Digital Transformation scenarios that are led by AI
- External and Internal thought leadership engagement and activity to raise awareness of Azure AI value and business outcomes
- Learnings and insights on the strengths and weaknesses of competitive offerings and market trends related to Azure AI
- Expertise on the seller perspective including the effectiveness of specific plays, guidance, and collateral as well as the keys to delivering a simplified, consistent seller experience for this solutions space
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years experience in business consulting, sales, sales operations, information technology (IT), account management, business development, marketing, IT field sales, or a related field
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in Near Term Strategy (1-2 years out), Management Consulting, or Finance.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
Program Strategy and Execution:
- Cross-group collaborator. Proven experience working with diverse teams of different functions (technical, sales, marketing, engineering, partner etc.) towards a shared vision, engaging stakeholders and driving team to outcomes.
- Growth Mindset. Passion for learning (technical and soft skills), searching for and implementing practices from others; trying, failing, and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit.
- Leadership / Influence. Proven ability to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, as well as to influence decision makers, influencers, and peers' external stakeholders (partners, customers).
- Excellent Communicator. Strong people, negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Market insights. Understanding of Azure AI services, and competitors value prop / differentiators.
- Value Selling. Demonstrated ability to translate technology into business outcomes and value. Particularly by crafting and delivering customer-centric solutions messaging.
Building Partnerships. Experience working in or with global system integrators or consulting companies.
- Customer Obsession. Experience engaging with enterprise customers in the sales, architect, or product marketing roles for AI solutions.
- Business results accountability. Experience in roles that had primary accountability for business results including revenue targets and KPI execution.
- Technical Depth. Working knowledge of cloud-based AI platform, especially Azure AI.
- Strategy development and rollout. Experience developing and landing sales strategies or other business strategies for cloud solutions at scale.
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations.
Experience. 7+ years of related experience in business strategy, technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
Preferred: Certification in domain-specific technologies (AI, Analytics, Apps).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.