Group Finance Manager, World Wide Digital Sales
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
The Small, Medium, and Corporate (SMC) team helps customers achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. One of the fastest growing customer segments in the technology industry, you will be partnering with the business to help customers digitally transform their business to the cloud across Microsoft solution areas such as Modern Work, Business Applications, Applications and Infrastructure, and Data and AI. The SMC team has unique sales roles that work together in an orchestrated manner and are located in our Digital Sales centers and local field subsidiaries.
As a leader on the SMC Finance team, you will manage the team that supports Microsoft’s global digital sales organization for all customer segments. In addition to being the primary business partner to the CVP of Digital Sales, your role will cover a wide range of responsibilities which includes:
- Digital sales strategy, planning and investments
- Enabling a cross team connected financial rhythm
- Target setting & measurement
- Seller compensation plan design
- Performance management
The position plays an integral role in enabling the success of the global SMC and Enterprise business and partners with multiple business and finance teams.
At Microsoft, Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring
- Model: Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles
- Coach: Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care: Attract and retain great people; Know everyone’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Manage a team responsible for supporting Digital Sales & Customer acquisition leadership with performance insights at scale.
- Own and expand the analytical framework that drives consistency in the way we review business performance across teams.
- Provide senior leaders with timely insights into trends, operational results, and growth drivers.
- Develop strong partnerships across finance teams to optimize finance capacity while delivering deep insights and “one version of the truth”.
- Drive Resource optimization and Investment analysis for Digital Sales motions
- Directs, performs, and reviews analysis and research of present and future financial performance, financial plans (e.g., expected returns, resource allocation, pricing, investment opportunities) and economic transactions (e.g., customer deals, commercial partnerships, acquisitions, etc.). Prepares, summarizes, and drives recommendations.
- Works directly with business partners to translate top-down targets to an accountable budget for each group. Directs analysis, modeling, and research to support preliminary and adjusted forecast cycles. Partners and solicits insight from business and commercial stakeholders. Prepares and summarizes recommendations.
- Guides others to contribute to budget, reporting, closing, and recurring business review processes. Manages the rhythm of the business for area of responsibility including monthly close, recurring business review preparation, and budgeting. Ensures team is generating relevant and actionable insights to move business forward. Collaborates and empowers others to ensure execution of plans and accountability for results.
- Directs and coaches teams as they leverage relationships with customers and partners. Oversees complex negotiations with customers. Ensures that organization and teams remain customer-centric. Strives to develop strong relationships with customers. Develops capabilities of teams to engage with customers on their wider relationships with Microsoft.
- Shares business insights and advances solutions and action plans to drive business and commercial leader goals and short-term accountabilities. Provides credible insights into industry benchmarks and consumer trends, performance improvements, and growth. Facilitates to resolve complex issues. Guides team to focus on driving profitable growth and shareholder return by being an integral part of the business decision making process.
- Applies understanding of the broader internal Microsoft context, as well as external factors, to offer solutions to ensure organizational objectives are met. Considers competing views and alterative solutions when formulating recommendations for financial plans and forecasts. Shares business expertise to help others implement and execute their goals.
- Conceptualizes and designs new approaches to how financial data is collected and evaluated to impact future outcomes and decisions.
- Works with Microsoft experts to identify and leverage advanced tools and technology to aid in achieving greater production, autonomy, and goal attainment. Drives improvements in data management through automation.
- Understands the interconnections between data, information, and results and translates this into forward looking narratives and forecasts. Provides clarity and alignment with senior leaders. Implements creative ways to show patterns and draw conclusions to help drive decisions and clearly communicate findings. Generates actionable plans based on complex results, ambiguous findings, and multi-year time horizons. Coaches team to translate data into a simplified and engaging message with actionable insights. Facilitates a shared understanding and awareness of business partner situation.
- Drives the right tone from executive leadership and ensures strict adherence and understanding of Microsoft policies on risk and compliance. Influences leadership to ensure compliance is a top priority and modeled throughout the organization. Directs team and holds others accountable to ensure financial control processes, policies, instruments, and procedures are executed. Guides team and encourages others to identify and share risks to compliance and take steps to mitigate. Drives a compliant culture through actions and decisions to instill trust. Advocates, educates and promotes best practices and new developments. Champions Microsoft privacy, security, and ethical standards. Advances key compliance initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 6+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Thrives in ambiguous, fast-moving environments with evolving technology and business model trends
- Previous experience leading and mentoring teams to achieve their full potential
- Experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, leading to recos and action plans
- Strong collaborator who enjoys working with a wide range of personality styles and cultures
- Superior communicator who can take a complex analysis and speak to it in a simple way
- Confidence and ability to influence stakeholders without authority
- History of impact in roles where they have been a trusted business advisor
- Strong analytical skills, financial modeling capabilities, and ability to think strategically
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.