Principal Service Engineering Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Principal Security Engineering Manager, Identity & Policy Management
The mission of Microsoft Digital Security & Resilience (DSR) is to enable Microsoft to build the most trusted devices and services, while keeping our company safe and our data protected. As part of the Microsoft Security organization, and a steward of Microsoft and our customer’s data, a core function of Microsoft DSR is ensuring the security of every aspect of the business. Microsoft DSR is responsible for company-wide information security and compliance, with a strategic focus on information protection, assessment, awareness, governance, and enterprise business continuity. As customer zero, we deploy and secure these services inside Microsoft and then share best practices with enterprise customers at scale across the globe. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire, and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you looking to work in a high performing team and have passion in helping others succeed? The Identity and Access Management (IAM) team is responsible for delivering customers solutions across multiple areas including how we enable users to authenticate and gain access to resources, how we protect / simplify the user experience, and how we enable applications, devices, systems and users to connect to resources at the right time for the right reasons.
We are looking for an engineering leader to nurture and support a team focused on identity and modern security policy initiatives which are key to the operational mission to safeguard our Microsoft assets and intellectual property. This includes providing services which span both sides of our hybrid cloud journey; on-prem and across Azure Active Directory, with goals to not only protect the company but also to help channel our evolving security needs into features that our Product Groups can one day realize for everyone.
Location: This role has the possibility of working remote.
- Mentor, coach and develop a team of service operations engineers.
- Create clarity, generate energy, and lead the team to deliver and maintain the identity and policy components that are essential to protecting Microsoft during its digital transformation.
- Work across SCIM and the company to seamlessly integrate your service with partner teams; incorporate Azure product offerings and provide feedback for enrichment.
- Align identity and policy deliverables with the most important business outcomes sought.
- Foster a culture of site reliability engineering: drive automation, reduce toil, continuously measure health, learn from incidents, and build on the contributions of others.
- 5+ years of experience in leading high level production services with a track record in successfully planning and supporting large scale, geo-distributed, high availability enterprise systems (either fully cloud or on-premise).
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- 1+ year(s) leading a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of security requirements & best practices of Identity Systems such as Multi-factor Auth, Provisioning, Credentials, Lifecycle Management
- Previous experience working in or directly with Security Operations Centers (SOCs) or threat and vulnerability management teams (TVMs).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills are a must to be successful in this role.
- Outstanding communications capabilities; can translate complex technical detail into clear and concise business outcomes.
- Out of the box, quick and agile thinking to adapt to fast pace and changing environment.
In the state of Colorado, the salary range for this role is from $158,800 to $256,800. At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.