Business Support ATR-C
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you have initiative, drive and work well in a collaborative setting, this is the job for you. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Business Administrator to support the Project & Planner team from end to end. The ideal candidate requires someone who has excellent communication, organizational skills, time management, great attention to detail, and strength in navigating and juggling multiple priorities and can embrace challenges with high energy and positive attitude. The successful candidate will be able to build and maintain effective working relationships across multiple levels within Microsoft, prioritize their own work, make decisions with limited information, and create an inclusive culture and work environment for the team.
This role is supporting both the Partner Director of Engineering and the Partner Group Product Manager for Project & Planner, as well as a team of approximately 100 team members located in Redmond. You will be a key player in helping these managers work as a cohesive unit. Project and Planner are key to our company’s long-term work management strategy and our engineering team delivers a range of customer-ready apps and services at scale while working to ensure we deliver a coherent task experience spanning all of Microsoft software and service endpoints.
You would be joining a passionate and cohesive team of 5 Business Support Professionals together supporting the larger organization that builds Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project/Planner, Microsoft Forms, and the Office Platform team. Our team has members in Redmond, Atlanta, China, Vancouver, India, and Israel, so working across geographic boundaries is a critical aspect of the role. We are part of the Office Product Group (OPG), and the person in this role will play a part in keeping internal partnerships strong across OPG and E+D (Experiences + Devices).
- Calendar: Proactively manage the calendar of a busy Partner Group Product Manager and Partner Director of Engineering - making decisions on their behalf based on shifting business priorities to ensure accurate scheduling and appropriate allocation of time
- Team Support: Provide team support for about 100 FTEs, including headcount management, budget, morale events, distribution group management, onboarding/offboarding and other tasks/projects
- Space: Manage space coordination, new employee setup, and procurement of goods and services including computer equipment, office supplies, reference materials and facility requests
- Communication: Build and maintain good business relationships with executive level and counterpart administrative staff, both internally and externally accommodating differing working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals and groups. Must be assertive and have a high level of integrity and consistently demonstrate a positive can-do attitude with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive material with tact and professionalism
- Admin Team Building/Support: Work as part of a strong admin team to manage the needs of the overall organization
- 3+ years demonstrated administrative experience in a fast-paced environment or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of calendar management
- Strong planning and organization skills, positive attitude, and willingness to learn
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are required
- Team player, pro-active and able to multi-task
- Able to work well under pressure and within short time constraints
- Ability to prioritize work and complete projects on time, demonstrate drive and initiative, maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and able to monitor complex plans and schedules and react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turn around
- Proficiency with Microsoft productivity software including, Word, Outlook, and Excel, as well as knowledge in internal applications including, Employee Central, MyExpense, MyOrder, HR Insights, Informa and internal travel tools
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.