Senior Program Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Digital Transformation is upon us! Applications and data are moving to the cloud; employees want to be productive on devices they love from locations of their choice; organizations, including governments, want to give seamless access to partners; self-service is in, and helpdesks are passé. In the middle of all these exciting changes, security breaches are getting more sophisticated by the day. As customers move to a Zero Trust security approach, the Identity and Network Access division is at the heart of this journey.
The GTS ("Get-To-Scale") team is a part of the Identity and Network Access engineering division within Microsoft's fast-growing Security business. We collaborate with customers from all over the world, and we work directly with engineering to shape the product. The best of both worlds!
In our role, it is critical to understand real-world complex scenarios, gather the voice of customers, and feed into our product development cycle so that Microsoft can be a thought leader, especially in the space of Identity which we consider to be the control plane of the future.
This is your chance to join our exciting and diverse GTS group to help the breadth of our customers in Asia with deployment guidance thus enabling their cloud adoption journey. Key amongst these is accelerating virtual workforce enablement, enabling secure access for remote employees, partners, and customers, while strengthening their zero-trust posture.
Our cloud technologies are evolving at a rapid pace, and we are looking for active learners who can collaborate across a diverse and global team of stakeholders and are comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Respond to deployment requests for customers from Field, Microsoft 365, and Azure FastTrack.
- Serving as the escalation point for complex identity scenarios across Azure and Microsoft 365 FastTrack and key System Integrators (SIs).
- Represent the Get-To-Scale team in engineering initiatives and feature previews to drive key business outcomes and bring feedback from the breadth of our customers.
- Be the advocate in engineering for our customers – Build and scale an active customer community and engage in events to drive feedback sessions and build customer insights based on segments, verticals, and regions.
- Partner with the Get-To-Scale PMs on cross-team programs and experiments.
- Keep stakeholders updated through regular reports on impact and opportunities.
- Demonstrate customer obsession through regular customer contacts to capture their pain points.
- Should be capable of Business storytelling to customers and stakeholders.
- Enhance the project capabilities by continuous improvements & innovation, develop a strong partnership with business and other groups, globally & ensure both excellence in design and delivery.
- Partner with other teams in the Identity CxP organization to scale learning and impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- 5+ years of work experience in the computer software industry building processes and tools to enable product improvement and working directly with Customers and/or Partners
- Track record in helping customers successfully deploy our technologies
- Strong collaboration, communication, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Ability to take on and streamline complex orchestrations and deal with ambiguity.
- Comfortable working autonomously in a demanding environment where new challenges exist around every corner.
- Strong track record of self-directed execution
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.