Location: Bellevue, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Azure Cognitive Services in Bellevue, WA, is hiring an Applied Scientist.
It has never been a more exciting time at the Azure Cognitive Services Division at Cloud & AI! We continue to advance the state of the art in the areas we choose to study, and we impact Microsoft by transferring great research results to products. The Azure Cognitive Services Division is tasked to improve our odds of betting on the “next big thing” and impact various products in the areas of cloud and edge intelligence such as Microsoft Cognitive Services. We work in the general areas of human understanding, environment understanding, and decision intelligence.
This team offers a comprehensive family of AI services and cognitive APIs to help customers build intelligent applications. We are looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals who are passionate about advancing the state of the art while making business impact.
The Azure Cognitive Services Division in Microsoft Cloud & AI is looking for applied scientists in Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Multimodal Analysis, and Machine Learning, broadly defined. In this position, you will conduct deployment-driven research in computer vision/natural language processing/multimodal analysis, prototype and demonstrate, and work closely with product teams to transfer research to products/services to delight customers.
- At least three years’ research experience in Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, or a related field.
- Publication(s) in top-tier conferences or journals in related fields (e.g., CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, ALP, EMNLP, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, etc.).
- At least 1 year of hands on experience and proficiency with open-source tools such as PyTorch, Tensorflow.
Ideal candidates would have one or more of the additional qualifications:
- Strong algorithmic problem solving and software development skills (C/C++/Python).
- Proficiency with open-source tools such as PyTorch, Tensorflow.
- Demonstrated capability as an independent researcher and engineer.
- Experience collaborating with teams of diverse technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.