Strategic Account Executive- Tesla Account
Location: Austin, Texas, Irvine, California
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
A role like this may very well be the pinnacle of your career. Be part of a dynamic, world-class community that will enable you to learn, collaborate, and contribute with the top minds in the industry. You will build and foster strategic relationships with the c-suites of the most impactful brands in their respective industries and will be at the forefront of their digital transformations. Envision working jointly with these customers to merge business vision with engineering roadmaps to enable market-making innovations. Be the visionary that takes their leaders on a journey but use your industry and business acumen to make those dreams of today, tangible business outcomes of tomorrow.
All of this will require you to orchestrate a large, global, internal team that you will lead through influence without authority, and together, you will challenge things that were never thought possible. You will be the Customer Outcomes leader who sets the strategy & direction, drive action, and progress toward strategic objectives and value realization, by solving for the customers business outcomes with multi-year goals. With your vision, demonstrate Business Value across clouds and solution areas by becoming deeply embedded in the customer’s industry and business. With your Industry and Business acumen, you will execute on this strategy on a joint account plan to act on the customers business outcomes and to capture the total available market. Having a direct impact on Microsoft Revenue and the Customers transformation, you will own the Strategic Trusted Relationship & Design Thought Leadership enabling business transformation & innovation.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years of building strategic business partnerships through selling or consulting with enterprise customers. Equally considered will be 5+ years of experience driving digital transformation from within the enterprise customer.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or MA (LOB may be best served with MA in things such as organizational psych, marketing, etc.,) preferred; or equivalent experience.
- Experience in influence-without-authority (networking / orchestration with 50+ internal and external people) in global environments.
- Demonstrated ability to understand how to run business and commercial models (including, but not limited to, portfolio management, P&L ownership, business planning).
- Embody “we-before-me” mindset.
- An industry mastery of any kind is required (i.e. Government, Education, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Automotive, Telco, Media, Oil/Gas/Energy, etc.).
- A great storyteller and be able to influence, impact and deliver on our valued differentiators by sharing our Industry Cloud Solutions.
- Business Acumen and experience in Account Planning, Time Management, Virtual Leadership.
- Have knowledge and the ability to create a multi-year strategic commitment with the Customer to solve their business needs and expand their markets and/or product offerings.
- The ability to adapt one's behavior to different people and situations, while recognizing, acknowledging and understanding different perspectives, modeling a global growth mindset with intercultural awareness.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.