Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Imagine, building the world’s computer that provides unprecedented reliability and unlimited scale, an organization that empowers individuals to achieve their best and treasure grass root innovation, technology that spans machine learning, networking, operating systems, UX, security, and a solution that enables millions of customers to run their mission critical services with confidence. The opportunities are infinite and innovation is limited only by our own imagination. We are responsible for enabling enterprises to connect their on-premise networks and devices to the cloud, in the most secure and performant way possible. Our team also builds application delivery services such as load balancing and firewalls. At the core of these services is a solid SDN and NFV infrastructure that we continuously innovate on to improve agility, scalability, reliability and cost effectiveness of our services.
Engineers in Azure Networking design, develop, test, deploy and manage operations of critical services. We are looking for software engineers who are passionate about building infrastructure and hyperscale systems that are responsible for high impact network services that provide reliable connectivity.
- BS or MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Expertise in building large scale distributed systems and cloud services
- Expertise in large scale enterprise networking design, Routing, TCPIP and BGP
- Proficiency in one or more: C#, C, C++, Java
- Knowledge of large-scale Monitoring, Alerting and fleet management is a plus
- Knowledge of security and compliance is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.