Digital Account Executive
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas
Job Type: Full time
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation and business goals by helping customers with Microsoft solutions and partners. Located in either Las Colinas, TX, Atlanta, GA, or in Fargo, ND, you will help our managed and scale customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities using the latest in digital selling technology including big data and analytics. One of the fastest growing customer segments in the industry, you will help customers realize value from the Microsoft Cloud across customer solution areas like Modern Work, Security, Business Applications, Infrastructure, Data and AI, and Application Innovation.
The Digital Account Executive facilitates Microsoft to better serve our SMC-Corporate managed clients realize their potential and help them on their Digital Transformation journey. The Account Executive adds value by developing and maintaining strong customer relationships that include building relationships with executives at the Chief-level (CxO) as well as other Business and Technical Decision Makers within the customers’ organizations. The Digital Account Executive has to effective leverage all the digital tools and processes available and orchestrate the other members of the team to address customer needs and requirements. Additionally, the Digital Account Executive engages with Partners to be able to find the best solution that will address the customer needs.
This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, honing your solution sales and collaboration skills, and deepening your cloud expertise.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Central point maintaining strong customer relationships and advocates for customers within the organization/Microsoft.
- Surfaces customer organization structure to identify decision makers leveraging partners and v-teams.
- Ensures continuity of customer accounts and monitors customer satisfaction metrics by proactively establishing conditions of satisfaction at outset of engagement and managing escalation process.
- Thinks strategically about sales territory for accounts, setting standards and priorities, outlining where to and how to leverage specialized and technical resources and other roles, engaging internal and external decision makers on long-term business planning.
- Helps existing/new customers to cloud solutions via a cohesive plan across adds, consumption, , through upsell, cosell motions, and renewal maximizing customer business outcomes and experience
- Understands and accelerates customer’s cloud strategy.
Maintain Product, Solution and Industry Expertise -
- Proactively builds and maintains a strong knowledge of Microsoft's product landscape, solutions, and strategy in the industry of assigned accounts, as well as of the business priorities; demonstrates a strong understanding of the customers' business strategy and the direction of the industry.
- Orchestrates specialized resources to engage with customers to provide strong solutions-based and technology-based engagement to help customers address their challenges and opportunities.
- Leverages additional resources such as partners to engage with the customer to provide the right solution to the customer on their transformation journey.
Required/Minimum Qualifications :
- 6+ years of sales and negotiation experience with year-over-year growth
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 4+ years of sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience with year-over-year growth
- OR Master's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) AND 3+ years of sales and negotiation experience or related work.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications :
- 8+ years of technology sales and negotiation experience with year-over-year growth
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 6+ years of sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience with year-over-year growth
- OR Master's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) AND 5+ years of sales and negotiation experience or related work.
- Strategic thinking & execution. Ability to develop sales and business strategy options, while also being able to successfully execute plans and build strong relationships.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, financial acumen, written, and verbal communication skills.
- High Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations and has the ability, characteristics, and determination to compete effectively against skilled and diverse competition.
- Work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services team, Microsoft partners, engineering, and marketing to solve customer and partner issues, leverage best practices, & deliver results.
- Growth Mindset. Ability to overcome and work around problems that are inevitable in rapidly growing businesses – positive approach to problem solving, learning, and development.
- Purposeful Planner & Executor – Delivers business impact with intentional planning, driving clarity to the team with consistent coaching rhythms, removing blockers and ensuring quarterly business budget goals are met.
- Disciplined Operator – Maintains excellence in pipeline management, forecasting and driving integrated territory and budget achievement planning.
- Complex sales training, (extensive presentation skills, effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis,
- Knowledge and sales experience of cloud offerings and solutions is preferred
- Knowledge and sales experience of line of Business applications, business process consulting or automation, CRM, Employee Performance Management (systems and processes).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.