Senior Procurement Engagement Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you motivated by the goal to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
Are you excited by the opportunity to demonstrate impact through supplier and resource optimization to drive business enablement?
Does the thought of fostering inclusive growth through supplier diversity as well as effecting Microsoft’s sustainability goals excite you?
Then Microsoft Procurement, an organization that embraces culture and inclusion and that strives to achieve business and company-wide priorities, is the place for you.
The Microsoft Procurement group is responsible for ensuring that the billions of dollars of indirect goods and services sourced from suppliers is conducted in an innovative, compliant, cost effective, and socially responsible way that exceeds stakeholder expectations. This is achieved by how Microsoft Procurement partners with all Microsoft businesses to develop and execute the best supplier strategy that supports their business strategy. Microsoft Procurement encompasses Sourcing, Procurement Engagement, Procurement Compliance, Supplier Management and Central Services; the Sr. Procurement Engagement Manager falls within the Procurement Engagement function.
We are looking for future business leaders to join our Engagement function, leading a Procurement partnership with business stakeholders within our Cloud and AI Engagement Team. The Sr. Procurement Engagement Manager will partner with a business unit’s senior leadership to develop and execute a robust procurement plan that is aligned to the business’s strategy and priorities. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about one of Microsoft’s businesses in a dynamic environment. The success of the Sr Procurement Engagement Manager is dependent upon building effective relationships with senior internal stakeholders and suppliers and be considered as a trusted advisor.
Currently we have an open Sr. Procurement Engagement Manager role supporting the Cloud + AI Group.
- Collaborate with the Cloud and AI business to create company aligned 3rd party supplier strategies centered around capabilities, quality, D&I, and value to Microsoft
- Develops pricing and negotiation strategies for one or more complex purchasing categories, ensures that strategies clearly articulate the tradeoffs, roles, and responsibilities across parties, and gains senior executive support for strategies both internally and externally. Identifies negotiation setbacks and takes action to mitigate contract disagreements.
- Identify opportunities to rationalize suppliers and program strategies that deliver effective supplier use while considering risk, overall supplier mix and opportunities to invest in innovative or diverse supplier capabilities
- Drives early business engagements for complex business areas or purchasing categories with cross-functional leadership including product design, quality, and business teams, to define and drive action on supply solutions and strategies, business requirements, optimal sourcing spend, and priorities. Shares expertise to advise cross-functional teams on sourcing decisions.
- Provide procurement/finance, supplier management, and business relationship guidance to business stakeholders
- Develop and deliver relevant data driven analyses to identify opportunities across a broad range of Procurement solutions
- Partner with the business and Microsoft Procurement Sourcing to develop supplier sourcing and outsourcing strategies
- Deliver key procurement metrics on savings, supplier diversity, sustainability, preferred supplier usage and supplier rationalization
- Ensure supplier compliance with Microsoft policies and code of ethics
- Advocate and guide the business towards adherence to corporate and procurement policies as relates to engaging with suppliers
- Participate in identification and development of Microsoft Supplier Program (MSP) suppliers
- Proficient in building relationships, displays executive presence and has executive presentation experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively both within Microsoft Procurement and with other teams at Microsoft
- Analytical skills that enable extracting data from a variety of sources, drawing conclusions and translating those into clear actions
- Demonstrates business acumen and a keen awareness of business strategies and how Microsoft Procurement can drive business impact
- Ability to drive clarity, create energy, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Customer focused, responsive and action oriented, displaying urgency as required to meet business needs
- Willingness and ability to sell and educate on solutions and policies to a wide range of clients and levels
- Demonstrated competence in end-to-end financial systems, policies, and functions
- BA/BS or MBA Degree; minimum of 8 years of related experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, supplier management, finance, sales and marketing, engineering services, or business development
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.