Senior Supply Chain Program Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
Looking to be a key part of one of Microsoft’s fastest-growing businesses? We have a great position for you! Azure is at the center of enabling cloud computing for Microsoft services and our public cloud business. The Supply Chain Operations and NPI team is responsible for designing and ensuring the right supply chain systems are in place along with new product HW implementation and delivery of Hardware offerings to support Azure technologies in Mission Critical Data Centers.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and influence the way one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cloud environments is built and supported. As a critical part of the Supply Chain NPI team within Microsoft’s CSCP Organization, this role will be the lead for supply chain new product introduction managing time to market for critical HW infrastructure.
- Functional lead to drive best-in-class L10 and rack level product life cycles processes and supply chain readiness for the Microsoft Cloud deployment pipeline
- Lead continuous improvement of business process and systems implementations
- Be a lead for Supply Chain NPI responsible for interfacing with engineering, product managers and other internal stakeholders to drive alignment
- Develop organizational Objectives and Key Results and track progress of KPIs
- Work with engineering groups to define priorities, schedules and resources needed
- Lead internal and external process improvements and excellence conversations cross functionally to ensure we have optimized processes and aligned across partner teams
- Act as an escalation point for the team, helping to remove barriers to progress and productivity
- Champion and advocate for a culture of thinking End to End across Azure and our partner organizations
- Manage multiple projects and work across a global multi-cultural team to drive influence, schedules and timelines to meet project goals
- Bachelor’s degree in business, IT operations, engineering, or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years’ experience in design, operations, engineering, and/or systems development
- MBA or Master's in Engineering preferred
- Working knowledge of data analytics tools (Power BI, etc.)
- PMP certification preferred
- Cloud experience preferred
- Proven working knowledge of enterprise server and/or networking infrastructure
- Experience working with engineering, supply chain, capacity planning, sourcing and datacenter teams
- Proven capabilities to drive positive business results through cross-group collaboration and partnerships
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with ability to create and deliver executive friendly communications on complex solutions
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups spanning all organizational levels
- Ability to transform complicated data sets into clear stories that are relevant to the business need
- Strong critical thinking, attention to detail and resolution in sometimes ambiguous situations
- Hands on experience with transformation strategies, major systems deployments, engineering and proposing executive level transformation programs
- Proven leadership with complex, cross functional projects including setting scope, reaching consensus, execution, and presenting results
- Must be a self-starter who is proactive in identifying process challenges and proactively driving improvements
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across internal organizations to drive the right decisions for Microsoft
- Work independently to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities simultaneously
- Effectively lead cross-organizational meetings to lead teams to consensus and/or decisions to meet deliverables
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.