Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be and take their careers to levels they cannot achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and the sky is the limit thinking a cloud-enabled world.
Microsoft’s Intelligence Platform engineering team is leading the transformation of analytics in the world of data with products like Power BI, Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Explorer. We will bring the world’s data to the Microsoft Cloud, power a new class of data first applications, and empower everyone on the planet to make better decisions with data.
We do not just value differences or different perspectives. We seek them out and invite them in so we can tap into the collective power of everyone in the company. As a result, our ideas are better, our products are better, and our customers are better served.
Data Integration. The goal of the data integration team is to build data gravity on the Microsoft Cloud. Massive volumes of data are generated – not just from transactional systems of record, but also from the world around us. A lot of customer data is managed through Microsoft products and services – both cloud and on-premises. Our data integration products – Azure Data Factory and Power Query will make it easy for customers to bring in, clean, shape, and join data, to extract intelligence.
We are looking for people with deep empathy for customers, great curiosity and willingness to question, high enthusiasm, integrity, and that are results oriented. You love the next problem, next experiment and have a deep desire to work collaboratively while solving tough technical problems within the group. If you have a passion for shaping data integration experiences, we want to hear from you.
- Lead the service geo expansion plans by collaborating with engineering teams across Azure, managing dependencies, and managing schedules, risks, and issues and communicating them effectively to the team, management, and partners
- Create product roadmap by collaborating with the team, product, and design partners
- Champion operational excellence via established metrics, process governance, and policy controls for regular assessment and improvement.
- Product Management experience where your primary responsibilities involved the design of software features and working closely with an engineering team
- 2+ years of technical program management or product management experience
- 2+ years of Azure experience or working with Cloud platforms
- 2+ year of experience with cross-team collaboration including driving project & program management across disciplines, time zones and releases
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers.
- Love in solving the next big challenge, the next experiment
- Integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- Familiarity with data integration market and industry
- Excellent communication skills
Cloud Screening (required for all C+AI Job Descriptions)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.