Head of Social Media Team
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
At Mojang Studios, the creators of Minecraft, we are on a mission to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
We enable millions to create and play together, connect people across the globe, and foster a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. Our community is global and incredibly diverse. When we are developing anything within our franchise, we keep this in mind. We want everyone to not only feel included in Minecraft, but also to see themselves in what we make. Our goal is for the Mojang Studios team to be as diverse as our community.
Minecraft is seeking a seasoned Head of Social Media to join the Community & Social Media team to lead the overall social media strategy for the Minecraft franchise. In this role, you will drive the creation of strategies to delight our diverse audiences on social media platforms with a focus on innovation, collaboration, and a data-driven approach. You will lead a team of Social Media Managers and a Social Media Lead and work with the rest of the Community & Social Media Team to craft cohesive audience-facing activations that expand the experience our audience has around the Minecraft universe and bring them closer to the brand. You will partner closely with several teams across the organization to develop social media initiatives and campaigns that support the different communication, games, and service key beats.
- Drive the overall Social Media strategy for all Minecraft and Mojang Studios products and games. Define KPIs, plan of action to achieve goals. Identify opportunities to grow and engage the social media audience and regularly optimize strategy and activities to delight our audience.
- Lead and manage a team of Social Media Managers and a Social Media Lead, drive implementation across team.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to align on priorities and set expectations through regular check-ins, business reviews, and close collaboration. Work with internal and external partners to craft strategies that align to the studio goals and that resonate with our audiences.
- Work closely with the rest of the Community & Social Team to leverage audience insights, performance metrics, and plan channel mix and strategy as a cohesive ecosystem with the Community Management Lead.
- Develop and drive relationships with senior leaderships in the organization, keep them informed, work with them for crisis communications, and present Social Media data, learnings, as well as business plans and resource needs.
- 7+ years of experience in social media. With vast experience developing social media strategies supported by data, setting goals, and driving implementation.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- Experience presenting plans and proposals to senior management team.
- Great collaboration and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons, and understanding of the Minecraft community.
In the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.