Communication and Social Media Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) helps defend Microsoft from the advanced threats we face today. We take inputs from bug bounty, internal penetration tests, and external customer feedback to keep our customers’ data secure. We are tasked with keeping up and exceeding the pace of innovation that is happening around the world.
The Community and Platform team focuses on external engagements with security researchers (BlueHat) and security training for Microsoft engineers (STRIKE). We are hiring a Communications and Social Media leader to partner with our audience leads for the respective programs to manage communication and social media presence that drives positive perception and engagement. This is a unique opportunity to create impact across internal and external customers at scale.
- Develop social media strategy to align with organizational goals
- Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content
- Develop and manage social/comm editorial calendar
- Monitor and interpret social analytics
- Suggest and implement new engagement strategies
- Develop and evolve KPIs for monitoring and improving researcher sentiment
- Minimum 5 years of related professional experience.
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, Pinterest, Slack, YouTube etc.), content, and trends.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, images, and video)
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and propose effective solutions
- Knowledge of social algorithms
- Functional experience with social media publishing, listening, and reporting tools and software
- Experience in a security or highly technical organization
- Experience working with Sprinklr (filtering dashboards, and partnering with teams for analytics requests)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Engaging Storyteller
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.