Principal Security Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
OneDrive and SharePoint are rapidly growing services at the center of Microsoft's cloud, reaching almost every part of the company, like Windows and Office. You would be a part of a team that can fundamentally change the way that millions of people use their devices and interact with the most important content in their lives.
You’ll design and deliver systems that make intrusions less likely and less impactful to the OneDrive and SharePoint Online services. You will leverage your knowledge of Azure resources, Windows datacenter environments, and web application security to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities that put customer content at risk.
We are looking for smart, agile, and intellectually curious engineers who love creating and building things that delight and protect our customers. You will be working with a team of amazing engineers and partnering closely with other security teams to improve security in OneDrive and SharePoint, across Microsoft, and in the industry at large.
- 10+ years of industry programming, software development, and/or software engineering experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering cloud security improvements, in a Windows and/or Azure environment
- Strong coding, debugging, algorithm design and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with cloud-scale services and server/service management features.
- Able to learn new systems quickly and adapt new methodologies to our service
- Experience with building cloud-scale infrastructure components.
- Awareness, passion, and experience related to cloud scale distributed design and patterns.
- Familiar with secure software design concepts
- Proven track record of delivering projects that include multiple components
- Ability and eagerness to work across and partner with multiple engineering teams to achieve business goals
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization – OneDrive and SharePoint. #ODSPEng
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.