Operations Acquisition Program Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reno, Nevada, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
The acquisitions operations team is responsible for integrating the operational functions of newly acquired companies into Microsoft. We enable revenue transaction compliance, go to market offers and assess talent for people integration. The team is seeking an Operations’ Acquisition Program Manager who will play a critical role managing relationships across functional teams to define requirements to drive customer-oriented solutions and influence product offerings and strategy. The role requires a team player who will partner with other functional experts, challenge the status quo, and apply their operational digital advertising and project management skills to the complex integration challenges while remaining empathetic to the people experiencing significant change. This is a fast paced, listen-first team – we are results-oriented and committed to the success of Microsoft and our partners’ success.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to learn about the many aspects of Operations, Engineering, Finance and Business Planning through the lens of an acquisition. Key success factors include a demonstrated ability to build relationships and work across a wide range of stakeholders including legal, finance, business planning, operations, and engineering. You will be providing visibility to leaders across all key stakeholders on the acquisition progress. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in working effectively in cross-functional international teams comprised of full-time employees and vendors. She/he must also have demonstrated skills with leadership, working with ambiguity, and take on complex challenges. Finance skills and project management skills are key differentiators for this role. You should be well organized, analytical, and have the ability to manage multiple ad hoc requests simultaneously. Additionally, the candidate must be able to showcase their creativity, objectivity, empathy, and have the ability to speak in business and technical terms.
- Accountable for supporting all facets of the operations’ commitments through the acquisition lifecycle
- Responsible for working with the various teams to define market requirements, orchestrating effectively to cross-group and downstream partners in the data management and policy to ensure successful launches across geographies.
- Identify requirements and capture a working Plan of Record, driving change control, managing risks/issues and escalation, triage, cross group orchestration and milestone management.
- Develop and maintain all applicable project documentation to include Integration Plans, Product Launch Documents; Plan of Record (POR); Issues/Risks; Milestone schedules; Status Reports; Communication Plans; Contingency Plans; Meeting Summaries; Post Mortems and Sustain activities.
- Identify and manage launch issues and risks through effective mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Responsible for building, developing and maintaining highly collaborative and effective working relationships with all key partners, including Subsidiary and Corporate teams, and other operational partners to facilitate proactive planning, smooth communication and issue resolution.
- Understanding of broad Operational functional areas, their requirements and interdependencies, effectively translating marketing strategies to operational capabilities.
Help evolve our online launch processes and infrastructure for more efficient and effective commercial online launch capabilities
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
2+ years of Operation’s experience
Knowledge of Operations Development Lifecycle
Experience in structuring and executing complex analyses to support strategy in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
Excellent leadership with project management, problem solving/analysis, and written/verbal communication skills.
Core competencies: cross-Group/Cross-Boundary Collaboration, impact & influence, written and oral communications, Interpersonal Awareness, empathy, analytical problem solving, project and program management
Strong communication and presentation skills
Willingness to help others be successful
Self-confidence and ability to work independently
Experience with process improvement or process development
Strong cross-group collaboration skills and ability to positively influence and engage resources across Microsoft on a regular basis
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.