Sr. Program Manager – Supplier Assurance – Human Rights
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Houston, Texas, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud platforms and services that millions of people use every day. With more than 95% of Fortune 500 business on Azure, 180 million using Office 365, and millions using other services – all running on Microsoft's cloud infrastructure – CO+I builds and operates the foundation upon which Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and organization comes to life.
The CO+I Datacenter business is looking to fill the critical role Sr. Program Manager – Supplier Assurance & Human Rights.
We are looking for a results-oriented business and human rights leader to join the Supplier Assurance team and lead our supplier human rights program and strategy that aligns with the organization mission. This position reports to the Director of Supplier Assurance in the Global Supply Chain Center of Excellence.
This opportunity requires excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, technical environment. At the core of the position is high attention to detail and delivering high quality results on time. The ideal candidate is motivated, agile, with strong time management and project management skills, and has a strong bias for action.
This Senior Program Manager will continue our work on Human Rights Management and drive the implementation of programs across the supply chain for CO+I. You will serve as a subject matter expert on human rights issues, and will design and deploy strategies that advance our commitment to respect and promote human rights.
The ideal candidate must have expert-level knowledge of social responsibility, sustainable development goals, and human rights due diligence principles to develop and deliver Human Rights Management Program for the CO+I organization. You will partner with teams across CO+I, as well as other organizations within Microsoft including Global Procurement, Legal, and Engineering to drive and incorporate best practices.
n alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a supplier human rights due diligence program that allows for identification, assessment, mitigation, remediation and performance monitoring of human rights risks.
- Effectively translate human rights requirements and best practices into an operational supplier program with clear policies, processes and metrics / KPIs.
- Co-develop strategies with business teams to integrate human rights considerations and drive measurable results across CO+I supplier operations and supply chain.
- Manage human rights impact assessments, execute mitigation plans, prepare written findings, and facilitate business and supplier responses and action items.
- Facilitate discussions between multiple stakeholders, including suppliers, to agree on appropriate solutions and verify that human rights risks are mitigated appropriately.
- Engage in ongoing research in a defined area, identify potential opportunities for transformational change, and develop strategies to achieve program objectives
- Maintain/share knowledge of current events in our strategic areas as it relates to programmatic outcomes
- Manage and execute site visits to countries or regions of geographic focus
- Other projects and activities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in law, public policy, business, supply chain management, corporate social responsibility, or related field
- 7 + years of experience managing corporate social responsibility, responsible supply chains, and/or business and human rights program and initiatives.
- 2+ years of experience working in supply chain operations.
- Advanced Degree in law, business, public policy, sustainable development, sustainability, or similar graduate degree.
- Superior analytical and project/program management skills. Attention to detail.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience with sourcing compliance techniques, tools and processes
- Experience with business analytics, developing and presenting business cases and recommendations to decision-makers
- Undaunted by challenges with a drive for execution delivering excellent results under tight, pressure filled timelines.
These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.