Senior Environment Artist - Turn 10 Studios
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Turn 10 Studios, creators of the award-winning Forza franchise based in Redmond, WA, are looking for the right person to join our high-caliber team. At Turn 10 we make genre-leading racing games for Xbox and Windows that are known for consistent quality, innovation, and authenticity. Our vision is to grow Forza into the world’s leading brand for automotive entertainment. Come play a key role on our team and help us achieve this ambitious goal.
Critically acclaimed Forza Motorsport franchise are seeking a Senior Environment Artist with an exceptional eye for detail and a passion for creating stunning photorealistic environments, You will partner with the Environment Lead and other disciplines and apply your artistic and technical abilities to drive quality set out by our Directors and Leads through research and benchmarking to meet the visual goals of the project to create rich, beautiful and stunning environments that delight our players.
- Create stunning photorealistic organic and hard surface content for environments
- Strong art and technical background and eager to prototype content and drive up visual quality
- Collaborate and work closely with Art Director/Lead to deliver or exceed established visual bar
- Research and contribute to processes, workflows and production pipeline improvements
- Work well within the environment team and able to help educate and guide other team members
- Document processes for creation of environment art
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and external partners
- Review and provide feedback on outsourced content
- Troubleshoot and problem solve production challenges through collaboration and creative solutions
- Strong and effective communicator and collaborator
- Proactively research and stay up to date on new software, industry trends and processes
Required Qualification (RQ) Questions
- 8+ years of industry experiencing building AAA quality game environments.
- Experience shipping multiple AAA video game titles on consoles and PC (full-cycle)
- Relevant software proficiencies: 3DSMAX, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Zbrush, Photoshop
- Portfolio demonstrating strong examples of photoreal environments and assets
- Knowledge of natural scenery and composition
- Experience adapting easily to change and a excellent multi-tasker
- Knowledge and experience working with Houdini
- Experience working with remote teams
- Foundation in traditional arts
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.