Partner Development Management Director
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Redmond, Washington, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, United States
Job Type: Full time
Are you inspired by the prospect of helping our customers achieve their digital transformation by leveraging the power of Microsoft’s Cloud and Solutions? Are you excited by the opportunity to be a critical technology roadmap influencer and enable a select group of Microsoft’s most strategic and high growth Partners be successful on the Microsoft Cloud Platform?
The Advisory Global System Integrator Group within Global Partner Solutions group (GPS) manages key relationships with our top advisory partners who have significant global scale to combine Microsoft technology and industry solutions with the advisory partners business and transformation acumen. We are looking for an exceptional Partner Solution Manager who will lead a team of Solution Partner Development Managers whom work with our partners to rapidly scale their business across Microsoft’s cloud capabilities in Azure, Modern Workplace and Business Applications. The ideal candidate will additionally have experience in the advisory ecosystem space, with an understanding of advisory, systems integration and in building managed services platforms that solve industry needs.
The Partner Solutions Manager stands out because of their insights on how partners can evolve their business solution portfolio efficiently and grow their businesses based on Microsoft technologies and various solution areas. Along with their team, the Manager works in partnership with the Global and Field Partner Development Managers (PDMs) to drive productive and effective evolvement activities of new & existing Partner’s business solutions (Innovation). The PDM Manager gains credibility because of their deep technical expertise and experiences across solutions and partner types, and their ability to create and lead a high-performing team through strong hiring practices, talent retention, as well as coaching and mentoring.
The PDM Manager is a strategist yet stands out because of his/her insights, big ideas, ability to identify new market opportunities for partners on advanced modern-day technology trends and drive consumption. This is a unique leadership role at the worldwide level that adds value both to Microsoft and to our partners. They play a critical role in working with one partner to align their technology roadmaps with Microsoft's technology priorities, working with them to build new solutions that enable customers to realize their vision of Digital Transformation, and drive significant growth in partner and Microsoft revenues. The PDM Manager is a credible technical advisor to the partner’s C-Suite technical and practice management executives sharing a compelling technical vision leading to Partners committing to building new practices based on Microsoft’s technologies.
This position reports to the General Manager of one of Microsoft’s most strategic partner teams. Given the global nature of the partner business, the PDM Manager collaborates with global Microsoft technical and engineering resources to drive the partner motion.
- Attract, Develop and Retain Talent. Leverages resources to help employees develop skills and supports their career interests; Develops a talent pipeline of internal and external candidates that align to the growth competencies and skills required for the team; Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, demonstrate inclusiveness, inspires a growth mindset, and leads by example.
- Trusted Advisor. Acts as the voice of the partner for Technical Decision Makers (TDMs) and/or Business Decision Makers (BDM) at various levels, including CxO.
- Partner & Industry Insights. Synthesizes business insights to develop recommendations. Understands market trends by staying abreast of latest updates by industry thought leaders such as Gartner, Forrester, IDC, etc.
- Strategy Formulation. Coaches team in leading the necessary assessments and briefings to secure Technical Commitment from partner executives. Oversees joint creation of partner technical strategy (Technical Development Plan) and aligns to partner business goals and priorities, while driving clarity and joint accountability. Ensures execution of technology strategy and digital transformation, and guides technical roadmaps for highly prominent, challenging and/or strategic accounts.
- Differentiated Value Proposition. Establishes clarity and builds differentiated value proposition through the team; creates and maintains a vision with business and technology solution scenarios and services.
- Technology Roadmap. Build with the Solution PDMs and thru the help of cross-team technical resources including Architects and Industry specialists the technology roadmap for new solutions, seeking technical commitment and investment from Partner CTOs, CIOs, Practice managers to invest in the solution.
- Education & Thought Leadership. Provides thought leadership and guidance to her or his immediate team, and the broader community on enablement plans to educate partners. Coaches team to ensure partner receives support for tech sales readiness and securing initial wins for newly developed business solutions.
- Solution/Practice/Offer Development. Ensures teams are influencing partners to develop groundbreaking and highly advanced solutions using Microsoft technologies that are aligned to Solution Plays priorities; Oversees technical engagements led by team, such as, Envisioning Briefings and Roadmap Planning, and champion ways to innovate and improve productivity. Consults & Drive clarity on the strategic alignment of partners towards Microsoft’s technology priorities and their technical readiness to address solution gaps.
- Ensuring Success. Orchestrates a wide, complex range of components for projects/programs within accounts, and partners with line-of-business leaders or senior executives within the partner organization.
- Deliver Results Through Teamwork. Drives the execution of priorities by setting priorities, removing barriers and obstacles, and allocating resources.
- Role Model Microsoft Values. Ensures fair and equal treatment of employees, models compliance, and promotes company policies, procedures, mission, and values.
- Commit to Performance Management. Establishes and communicates performance expectations and leads her or his team to accept changes and retain performance levels while responding to changing demands.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Operations, Computer Science or a related field AND 8+ years partner management, sales, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience.
- OR equivalent experience
- 2+ years people management experience.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Industry Experience. Related experience in technology business solutions development, Cloud / Infrastructure technologies, project management, technical sales, and/or technical account management.
- Communication and Collaboration. Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills; Strong executive presence, and the ability to hold TDM and BDM discussions, including CxO level.
- Attract, Develop and Retain Talent. Experience in mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; Ability to identify growth opportunities, build development plans with direct reports, and conduct development discussions.
- Trusted Advisor. Proven track record of building deep sales relationships with CXOs and practice building executives in various partner types such as ISVs, MSPs, and Sis, and advises on solutions and positions Microsoft offerings.
- Partner & Industry Insights. Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging computing trends and their impact on partner practice building opportunities; Ability to ensure partner is challenged in considering alternatives and adapting new strategies.
- Strategy Formulation. Understanding of business strategies and outcomes that technology can support, leading the adoption of technologies by plotting the strategic, long-term vision of partners; Ability to anticipate both technical blockers that have potential to arise, as well as envisioning roadmaps on new and groundbreaking capabilities.
- Differentiated Value Proposition. Ability to motivate team to anticipate competitive technologies and industry trends to drive success; Ability to guide team in creating and maintaining a vision with business and technology solution scenarios and services.
- Education & Thought Leadership. Experience in providing guidance to immediate team and partners on creating enablement plans to build solutions/offers/practices, as well as providing strategic input on Microsoft technologies, digital transformation, and their context in the competitive landscape. Ability to provide guidance to the team on partner technical sales readiness and securing initial wins for newly developed solutions, services, and/or practices.
- Solution/Practice/Offer Development. Expertise in building solutions into the partner ecosystem to enable partners to sell to end-customers. Problem-solving mentality, leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow-through with partners.
- Ensuring Success. Ability to coach immediate team on developing solutions/offers/practices and value realization across a variety of solution areas; Ability to set timelines and milestones, and track progress toward objectives, as well as push to optimize technology consumption and adoption across the enterprise.
- Deliver Results Through Teamwork. Proven track record of cross team/org collaboration, as well as inclusiveness in driving teamwork and cross-team collaboration and alignment.
- Commit to Performance Management. Experience in identifying performance gaps and monitoring performance to ensure business goals are met.
- Strong Technical knowledge of the three Microsoft Cloud Platforms (Azure, M365, D365)
The base salary for this role in the STATE OF COLORADO is between USD $161,500 – $216,500
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among other
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.