Senior Hardware Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions.
Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission. As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Cloud AI & Advanced Systems Engineering (CAASE) team is instrumental in defining and delivering operational measures of success for hardware manufacturing, improving the planning process, quality, delivery, scale and sustainability related to Microsoft cloud hardware. We are looking for seasoned engineers with a strong passion for customer focused solutions, insight and industry knowledge to envision and implement future technical solutions that will manage and optimize the Cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer - Signal and Power Integrity to join the team.
#CAASE #CHIE #AHSI #azurehwjobs
- Work with internal teams to define and specify signal integrity and power integrity requirements for Microsoft’s customer server platforms to meet cost, schedule and performance objectives.
- Work cross-functionally with IC designers, layout engineers, board designers, thermal engineers, validation engineers, etc. to plan and architect the power delivery and Signal integrity needs of packages and PCBs.
- Engage with external component vendors to influence their product developments to align with Microsoft’s requirements.
- Develop and maintain test procedures to validate and improve SI and PI solutions implemented on Microsoft’s server platforms.
- Position requires limited domestic and international travel.
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience with computer hardware design.
- Minimum five (5) years of Signal Integrity and/or Power Integrity analysis experience on high-speed interconnects, such as PCIE or DDR, etc.
- Strong understanding of Electromagnetic fundamentals and transmission line theory.
- Fundamental knowledge of the following HW design principles: Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, Analog and Digital Circuit Design, Computer Architecture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Cadence schematic and layout tool suite.
- Experience with 3D models tools, such as Ansys HFSS, CST Microwave Studio, etc.
- Experience with simulations, such as PowerSI, ADS, HSpice, Hyperlynx, etc.
- Experience developing HW component and system level specifications.
- Experience developing HW verification and functional test plans.
- Experience working across disciplines and organizations to resolve complex issues.
- Experience working with ODMs and OEMs on requirements and specifications.
- Experience with standards setting organizations for electrical and optical interconnects, such as JEDEC, IEEE, etc.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, thermal, and reliability system design considerations
- Detailed understanding of s-parameters and frequency domain analysis.
- Detailed understanding of equalization techniques such as FIR, CTLE, DFE, FFE.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.