Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
The Microsoft Security Identity & Network design studio is looking for an experienced and passionate designer to join our diverse and close-knit team. We design for a rapid growth, cutting-edge business that understands and values your work and sees user experience, customer experience, and service design as key strategic priorities. Your design passion will make an immediate impact within the Identity Division at Microsoft and influence a larger and lasting impact on our customer experience. Our vision is to create professional, seamless, and friction-free experiences that enable our customers to work less and accomplish more. In this role, you will have the opportunity to showcase your talents to create experiences used by almost a billion people on the planet.
- Deliver world-class design solutions from initial concept through finished product
- Incorporate system and framework thinking and pattern-matching into solutions to reinforce integrity of design system and product cohesion
- Provide insightful perspectives and ideas that will help shape the direction of company-wide investments in the identity space.
- Work closely and constructively with product management, editors, engineers, user researchers as well as other designers to iterate and deliver design artifacts
- Advocate for the customer and champion industry-leading, inclusive, and human-centered design practices.
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business, user goals, and ecosystem considerations
- A portfolio demonstrating well thought through and polished end to end customer journeys
- Bachelor's Degree in Interactive Design, Visual Design, Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 3+ years experience working in interactive design and/or visual design
- OR equivalent experience (e.g., experience using design thinking to solve problems).
- Demonstrated breadth across interaction design, information architecture, usability
- Excellent interpersonal communication and visual storytelling skills
- Hands-on experience creating detailed wireframes (both low and high fidelity), polished design prototypes and other design artifacts in a fast paced environment
- Able to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize workload independently
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Adobe XD and Figma
Please include URLs for an online portfolio demonstrating your design process, UX flows, interaction patterns and visual design skills in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
#joinxc, #xcjobs, #SCIM #SCIMJobs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.