Senior Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you excited about the possibility of changing the world by working on the largest Cloud Object Storage service? Come and join the Azure Storage team and contribute in revolutionizing it!
The service hosts data of the largest companies in the world; supports all of Microsoft’s largest online businesses, including Xbox, Teams, and Bing; and has scaled to store exabytes of customer data, with the roadmap looking even better in terms of growth.
Usage of Azure Storage ranges drastically - from hot access such as disks, to millisecond access such as video streaming data, to cold data such as archival data, and to hyperscale access such as HPC, big data, machine learning, and many more! Each workload brings a new set of challenges and characteristics with formidable problems to solve!
We are striving to turn Azure Storage into not only the ubiquitous Cloud storage service but the only way to store data for any modern and pre-existing application at large scale.
We strive towards engineering the most secure cloud storage platform in the world. Our platform supports one of most innovative and leading-edge technologies in cloud security. Azure Storage seamlessly integrates platform cloud security with other Azure Services allowing our customers to build secure and scalable solutions on the Azure Cloud platform.
We are looking to hire an Engineer who is passionate about building distributed systems, building scalable storage platform, collaborating with some of the core Azure services to integrate Software Defined Networking features and service functionality with Storage services that will provide an integrated solution for our customers that can seamlessly scale.
We want to realize the promise of limitless storage in the cloud as the storage platform that scales instantly to support a multitude of our customers’ workloads.
Come join us.
This Role requires:
- Research and deep-dive into technical issues and bring clarity to the team as needed.
- Work with PMs and technical leads to understand customer needs and incorporate them to build strategies and plans.
An ideal candidate will bring:
- Strong distributed systems knowledge
- Hands on development experience including designing and writing code
- Proven ability to plan, schedule, and deliver high quality software
- Passion for customers
- Excellent collaboration skills
- 5+ years of industry software engineering experience, including delivering highly available cloud-based services and platforms
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Design, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- Previous experience with web services, storage, cloud computing, and large scale systems
- Prior hands-on development experience including leading architecture for large scale system, designing, and writing code, experience in coding in C++ or C#
- Prior experience and/or subject matter expertise within Cloud Security space with Network Security, Encryption and Authentication.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.