Senior Supply Chain Manager
Location: Austin, Texas, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this momentum. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
We are seeking a high caliber Senior Supply Chain Manager to join CSCP. This position will be responsible for managing ongoing daily operations for critical compute silicon components that go into server racks for our global datacenter network. The role will manage internal stakeholders as well as supplier relationships to ensure support on continuity of supply, lifecycle management, key programs, process improvement, contracts, and technical needs. The ideal candidate will deliver operational excellence with a focus on hardware demand/supply optimization, while keeping the Microsoft Cloud at the cutting edge of technology. You must be a high energy, high impact individual with demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic business environment. Successful candidates will build long lasting, strategic partnerships, be well organized with strong communication skills to position themselves and Microsoft for sustained success.
- Manage supply for critical silicon components, working closely with semiconductor suppliers, SIs as well as other key partners across the Cloud supply chain
- Manage on time delivery and availability of product from development to production, through product life cycle and up to end of life processes
- Manage supply operations such as coordinating PO and forecasting demand including buffer, spares, samples to match to available supply for multi-level BOM components
- Assist in demand execution, oversee RMAs, support scenario planning and capacity escalations, understand impact analysis and communicate POR and changes to POR internally and externally
- Manage and execute rebate programs, as well as internal and external audits
- Manage supplier operations to ensure adherence to Microsoft contract and compliance requirements
- Gather data and synthesize reports to help run rhythm of the business including SRM activities like quarterly business reviews, monthly and weekly operations syncs.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and work with cross functional teams to improve tools and process to better meet our capacity needs.
- 6+ years of experience in technology supply chain, ideally with industry knowledge relevant to the silicon industry.
- Bachelor's in Engineering, preferably Supply Chain, Computer, Electrical or Physics disciplines
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or related fields.
- Experience in semiconductor supply chain with understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes and yield management
- Ability to partner with internal and external teams to build credibility and trust while driving alignment around common goals
- Self-motivated with superior problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail
- Deep understanding of Supply Planning elements, tools, and processes
- Proven track record in delivering change, process improvement, and lean manufacturing solutions
- Comfortable working in a fast-pace, high-growth environment
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.