Principal Product Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Are you an experienced product leader looking for an opportunity to work on some of Azure’s biggest challenges? We are the Azure Customer Experience (CXP) team, and we are looking for a Principal PM Manager to join our team.
We are part of the Azure engineering organization and consider customer care experiences to be critical to the overall success of Azure. Our team builds the Incident Management System (IcM) and the Azure Support and Experience Platform with well-integrated applications and services like Azure Advisor, Azure Service Health, and Azure Support Center. We create, define, and lead product offerings that set our customers up for success, empower them to solve problems, ensure they have a phenomenal experience if they need assistance, and ensure they are minimally impact by service outages. We empower 150+ product groups across Azure with apps, platforms, intelligent insights, and all the capabilities needed enable consistent and excellent customer experiences across Azure services.
We are a team that loves big opportunities and as part of Azure we have consistently innovated and created new solutions to solve some of our most interesting problems. We value diverse opinions and new, forward-thinking ideas. We have strong customer empathy and delight in understanding our customer's needs. We use data and KPIs to guide, improve and grow the success of our programs.
We are looking for a Principal PM Manager to lead our efforts building the next generation of Incident Management Systems (IcM) for Microsoft. This system will empower service teams to rapidly respond too, coordinate, collaborate, and resolve high impact incidents with world-class speed and precision. You will bring the latest innovations in UX, AI/ML, and diagnostic platforms together to execute on this. You will help build and lead a team of diverse product managers and utilize Microsoft’s core management principals of modeling, coaching, and caring in pursuit of your mission. You will work with senior leadership across the Azure organization and, where applicable, drive alignment and impact across Microsoft’s organizational boundaries.
This is a high impact role with elevated visibility with the Azure executive leadership team and ample opportunities to share successes and receive support from them. The scope of responsibilities includes:
- Building, leading, and managing a diverse PM team using Microsoft’s leadership principles
- Driving a culture of quality, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork
- Developing a product roadmap and strategy for Microsoft’s Incident Management System
- Working with Azure executive leadership to create and maintain strategic alignment
- Engaging with engineering teams across Azure to align on dependencies and co-innovation
- Measuring and reporting on the success of the problem space through relevant metrics and KPIs
- Partnering with UX designers and researchers to deliver world-class user experiences (UX)
- Partnering with data science teams to bring incorporate AI and ML as applicable
- Partnering with engineering to deliver impactful and innovative technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of program or product management experience where your primary responsibilities involved the design of software features working closely with an engineering team
- Experience building and managing a high performing PM team
- Experience presenting to and managing product status with senior company leadership
- Experience driving cross-company and cross-organization products and programs
- Experience using data to drive prioritization and measure progress
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience translating customer requirements and scenarios into features, including writing software specifications with user experiences
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with data analytics and related technologies. Including Kusto (Azure Data Explorer), SQL, ETL technologies, machine learning (ML), and PowerBI
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.