Senior Director, Marketing Capabilities
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Global Demand Center (GDC) is responsible for driving scaled marketing and sales capabilities, leveraging cutting-edge technology, and innovating marketing & sales practices to deliver billions of dollars a year globally for all our commercial business solutions (Cloud & AI, Business Applications, and Modern Workplace). . The GDC supports 1,000s of marketers, tens of thousands of sellers, generates or influences billions in revenue, operates in 40+ languages, and executes 10,000 digital and in person events a year. We are looking for a seasoned senior director to lead our Marketing Capabilities team that supports our corporate and worldwide Marketing Services and Capabilities. This team owns a portfolio of worldwide services and capabilities that include Events, Content Marketing, Social Media, Website development, Budget Management, Lead Management, Advocacy, and ISV/Marketplace enablement. This leader directs a team of dedicated Capability leads and Service Managers to define, build and optimize the services and capabilities portfolio, acting as a central program management function that orchestrates across multiple teams, including engineering, marketing, operations, legal, and privacy. This is a mission-critical role with substantial scope, complexity, executive visibility, and has a large opportunity for impact.
You and your team will be responsible for:
- Hiring, leading, developing, and retaining a diverse team of incredibly talented, innovative Capability and Service Manager leads
- Prioritizing your team’s work in the context of our big bets, initiatives, and aligning with other teams needed to deliver capabilities
- Maintaining and optimizing the existing capabilities and services portfolio, while accelerating the delivery of new capabilities by translating business needs to a capability roadmap.
- Partnering closely with many stakeholder teams to deliver new functionality which supports the Global Demand Center including Microsoft Customer & Partner Solutions (MCAPS), Microsoft Digital Engineering, Partner & Seller Experience (PSX) Engineering and GDC Marketing Operations teams.
- Partnering with engineering teams to resolve issues, document requirements, and prioritize backlogs relative to the marketing services dependencies
- Building readiness practice, ensuring capabilities and services are represented to stakeholders globally and stakeholder needs/feedback are communicated back within team
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 10+ years marketing operations, program management, project management, or related experience OR equivalent experience
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 15+ years marketing operations, program management, project management, or related experience o OR Master's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Engineering, or related field AND 10+ years marketing operations, program management, project management, or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years people management experience.
- 8+ years technology/process improvement experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.