Cloud Solution Architect- Data and Analytics
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative, and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We revere what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives. This is a customer facing role where will be focused on the Microsoft Azure Data Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in the Enterprise account segment of our business. You will own technical customer engagements in the data space including architectural design sessions, proof of concepts, performance optimization, and blocker escalations. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading end to end technical engagements in the data space.
- Understand customers’ overall data estate Business and IT priorities and success measures to design data solutions that drive business value.
- Ensure long term technical viability and optimization of production deployments, and lead and advise on migration and modernization using key Azure Data services such as: Azure Database for PostgreSQL, Azure Database for MySQL, Azure Cosmos DB etc.
- Work with multiple customers to implement POCs/MVPs, guide customers through to production deployment, operationalization, troubleshooting, and optimization of their production deployments, resolve blocker escalations, provide technical recommendations and architecture design
- Ensure customer deployments and solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability for new and existing deployments
- Working across multiple pillars of Data & AI – RDBMS, NoSQL, Analytics, AI
- Identify and build technical collateral or technical assets that help the field accelerate Azure consumption
- Serve as the technical lead and interface between Azure field teams and Engineering, share best practices and insights to drive product improvement
- Develop deep relationships with key customer decision makers (both Business and IT) who drive long-term innovation and data platform adoption within their company to enable them to be Azure data advocates
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 4+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR equivalent experience
- 7+ years Hands-on experience with relational and NoSQL databases (Azure or equivalent) with knowledge of key differentiation to determine best fit for use cases and applications and working with large Enterprise customers and field communities in consulting or similar roles, leading deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation of Data or Analytics based solutions
- Enterprise-scale technical experience and depth with one or more areas of the Azure data platform: Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Database for PostgreSQL, Azure Database for MySQL, or equivalent)
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of SQL on premises and/or ARC-enabled SQL services
- Knowledge and understanding of all pillars of Data & AI (artificial intelligence) – Data (RDBMS (relational database management systems), NoSQL), Analytics, and AI/ML
- Experience with design and creation of products or other assets, such as accelerators
- Hands on experience creating data solutions for customers that lead to production deployments, and optimization of those deployments
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge:
- Application development skills, scripting, deployment automation
- Performance tuning and optimization
- High availability / disaster recovery
- Relational database migrations across SQL Server and OSS database technologies, modernization from on-prem to the cloud
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data in Big Data scenarios using technologies such as SQL Data Warehouse, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift, and data lake concepts
- Database architecture
- Debugging DB related issues
- Production level expertise, preferably in a services or product engineering role
- Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of data platforms such as AWS (Amazon Web Services), GCP (Google Cloud Platform), Oracle, IBM (International Business Machines), Snowflake, etc.
- Professional Expertise:
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer’s data problems through various cloud technologies
- Relationship Building. Proven record of accomplishment of building deep technical relationships with senior executives. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. The ability to influence and build relationships across technical and business teams
- Good business acumen to quickly understand the customer’s industry and business to have relevant discussions with business decision makers.
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, ability to communicate data concepts effectively with business and technical audiences, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT Management, Data Engineers)
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $119,200 – $178,800 USD
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.