Senior Technical Program Manager
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Dallas, Texas, Houston, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Shreveport, Louisiana
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
Within CO+I, the Data Center Operations Engineering team is chartered to deliver the foundational software solutions to enable fast, flawless and cost effective execution of data center operations in Micrsoft's Cloud Services Global Data Centers
We are looking for a program manager who is passionate about cloud infrastructure management and strong in defining products, cross-team collaborations and ultimately, working with the software development team to deliver results.
If you want to have fundamental impact on how Microsoft’s Cloud is managed and operated globally, want to be involved with one of the most strategically important teams at Microsoft, if strong business and technical acumen and product definition are some of the skills you bring to the table, then this could be the position for you.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Drive product direction, identify and define product improvements for data center operation automation and tooling
- Work closely with data center operations, business stakeholders and engineering groups, understand deeply business problems and translate them into clear requirements for execution.
- Track product progress, manage stakeholder expectations and drive delivery.
- Analyze business metrics to identify process improvement and software automation opportunities.
- Support product launches, measure product adoption, and proactively seek opportunities to drive improvements.
- A BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years of Program Management or Product Management experience leading, defining, and shipping distributed software solutions or platforms
- 5+ years of experience working with a workflow tool such as JIRA or Azure Dev Ops
- Business intelligence tool user (e.g. Excel, PowerPivot, Power BI) with ability to create high quality reports
- High personal standard to deliver a polished and quality work documentation with a can-do attitude. Takes responsibility and holds others accountable for actions, decisions, and goals
- MBA or MS preferred
- Knowledge of DC Operations is preferred
- Ability to analyze complex problems to determine best course of action
- Ability to successfully influence without authority and manage efforts through relationships.
- Ability to inspire leadership and trust across teams and organizations
- Ability to promote a collaborative environment and bring a positive attitude to difficult situations
- Great problem solving, attention to details.
- Strong customer focus. Anticipates customer/partner needs, and proactively meets and exceeds customer/partner expectations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.