SR E2E SCHEDULING PM
Location: Ashburn, Virginia, Austin, Texas, Chicago, Illinois, Houston, Texas, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind one of the World’s largest Cloud Infrastructures, responsible for powering all Microsoft online Products and Services as well as powering Microsoft’s “Cloud First” mission. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide, and we are looking for passionate, high energy program managers to help achieve that mission.
If you want to have fundamental impact on how Microsoft’s Cloud is deployed and operated globally, want to be involved with one of the most strategically important teams at Microsoft, have strong technical and business acumen, leadership, creativity, and out of the box thinking are some of the skills you bring to the table - this job is for you!
We are looking for an exceptional scheduling program manager to join the CO+I organization in a strategic initiative leadership role. As a program manager, you will lead the organization-wide transition from our legacy scheduling system and architecture to an integrated and scalable future-state system. You will partner with stakeholder teams to develop business requirements, identify potential solutions, down select options and implement the chosen system. You will also play a key role in other process improvements within our scheduling center of excellence.
- Project manage strategic initiative to develop future state schedule system from initiation through execution, enhancing business value across different program delivery segments.
- Partner with multiple segment stakeholders to identify and drive process improvements
- Differentiate Microsoft data center delivery to create a competitive advantage by applying ‘Best in Class’ project and program management expertise.
- Deliver on ambiguous projects with multiple stakeholders, unclear requirements and incomplete data.
- 5+ years of project scheduling experience in large-scale implementations
- 5+ years of technical project / program management experience managing scope, schedule, budget, quality, people, risk and communications
- Proven track record of leading complex deliverables in a regionally dispersed organizational structure
- Expert user of at least one industry scheduling software/tool (MS Project, P6, etc)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional executive-level communication and engagement skills
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience working with large, diverse teams
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.