Customer Success Account Manager: Full-time Opportunities for MBA Graduates, CTJ
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Every year, we welcome Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduates from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond. Learn more about our cultural attributes
Those hired into this role are invited to participate in Microsoft Aspire Experience, a two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft’s many exciting businesses.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Builds and executes shared plans with customers. Manages customer executive relationships through business reviews, strategic escalations, and administration of customer contracts. Enable customers to use their benefits effectively. Provides direction for other members of the Account Team to develop a deep understanding of their customer’s business and technical objectives.
- Learns customer engagement role and develops foundational relationships with key customer stakeholders (e.g., Information Technology Directors, Chief Technical Office [CTO], Chief Innovation Officer [CIO], Line-of-Business leaders) and technical professionals to enable quality solution delivery and health using partnerships with other account team leaders (e.g., Account Executive, Account Technology Strategist) and with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Engages in conversations with customers that present the strategic alignment between the customer objectives and support contract to set a long-term strategy for consumption aligned to those priorities.
- Captures, communicates, and brings forward recommendations from customer insights to sellers in identifying and producing support revenue opportunities (e.g., add-ons, renewals).
- Connects identified opportunities, questions, and/or issues from customer organizations. Works with the appropriate internal Microsoft technical/sales teams or partners to address, using foundational technical knowledge to identify the right internal teams. Begins to take ownership for team coordination. Identifies and mitigates blockers to customer success goals.
Must Have: Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Candidates must have a minimum Active Top Secret (TS) clearance and be willing and eligible to up-level to TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly (FSP). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI with FSP.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Currently pursuing or have completed Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
- Passion for technology and customer obsessed.
- Displays strong stakeholder and relationship management across senior leaders, partners, and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure).
- Change Management Certification (e.g., Prosci).
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is from $73,800 to $162,200 (60-62).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.