Technical Program Management: MBA Internship Opportunities, CTJ
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Come build community, explore your passions and do your best work at Microsoft with thousands of University students from every corner of the world.
At Microsoft, we are a company of learn-it-all’s rather than know-it-all’s and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging all to bring their best each day!
Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You’ll be empowered to build community, explore your passions, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connections, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Our Technical Program Managers lead the development and implementation process for products and services. This opportunity will allow you to design and drive programs and/or product changes that address customer needs and business priorities. Technical Program Managers design product architecture and solutions to complex technical needs, identify trends in product quality and performance to define or change existing features; manage project schedules and release plans; monitor product/service performance and drive continuous improvement in quality, supportability, and delivery.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond. Learn more about our cultural attributes
- Identify opportunities in the implementation of a feature through analysis of customer and market signals. Solicit feedback to understand customer experiences with Microsoft’s products and services. Integrate product usage, product telemetry, and service data together to identify patterns, generate hypotheses, and inform a plan.
- Partner with Software and Hardware Engineering to design architecture to complex technical needs and integrate customer solutions to technical needs for a feature. Ensure needed telemetry is developed to document product/service definition.
- Support internal and external technical partners and/or architects to represent technical solutions to customers.
- Collaborate and coordinate across teams to ensure alignment on product/service development, management, and release, including tradeoffs, adjustments, and improvements.
- Partner with the engineering team to contribute, prioritize, and deliver on the roadmap for a feature. Adhere to performance requirements and standards that must be met throughout the development lifecycle.
- Leverage insights on product and/or service performance and customer needs.
Must Have: Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Candidates must have a minimum Active Top Secret (TS) clearance and be willing and eligible to up-level to TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly (FSP). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI with FSP.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Currently pursuing Master of Business Administration (MBA) with at least one quarter/semester remaining to complete after internship
- A bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, computer science or related field and/or 3-5 years related experience in relevant fields eg: engineering, business, marketing, information technology, operations, finance
- A year or two of experience programming in C++, Java or other computer programming languages preferred
- Some experience building software beyond the classroom environment like an internship or related experience for customers strongly preferred
The salary for this internship is $7,890 per month
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.