Principal Product Manager (People Manager) - Identity & Network Access
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
This role can accomodate Remote Work in the USA.
The Microsoft cloud and security business is experiencing unprecedented growth. As a part of this we are growing our identity engineering team. Now, more than ever, we need a Principal Product Manager Lead with deep customer empathy, a passion for problem solving, product leadership, and a strong desire to learn.
As companies embark on their digital transformations, they rely on Microsoft’s identity cloud services to give them secure, convenient, manageable, digital relationships with employees, customers, and business partners. Tens of thousands of organizations and more than 1 billion end users connect using Microsoft identity services to over 1 million applications each month. It is our job to keep their personal and professional data safe and secure and to keep innovating in a rapidly changing digital landscape. We build innovative, interconnected solutions to address the rapidly changing identity compromise landscape.
In this role in Microsoft’s Identity and Network Access Security team, you will collaborate with partner teams across the company to imagine, define, and drive delivery of products that improve our identity security offering and experiences for our customers. You will work closely with customers to deeply understand their needs and use insights to prioritize and design features for the broader identity ecosystem. As a Principal PM Manager you will lead a team of product managers, solve complex problems, and develop compelling product strategies to help solve our customer’s identity security challenges. If you love a technical or design challenge, we’ve got plenty, but you don’t have to be an identity expert. What’s essential is that you bring your authentic self and a growth mindset.
The Microsoft Identity team is a fun, inclusive community committed to working closely with customers and each other. We pride ourselves on building strong relationships with our customers so we can deeply understand their requirements and deliver solutions that satisfy their needs and exceed their expectations. We build these same relationships within our team and are looking for people who are eager to collaborate.
- Listens to customers to understand their needs
- Drives clarity on required work to meet customer requirements
- Partners with engineering, user research and other disciplines to design and build new features and solutions that customers love
- Collaborates with partner teams across Microsoft to build coherent experiences for customers, developers and end users
- Uses data and analytics to discover insights into ways to improve, change existing product and develop the strategy and roadmap for new products
- Lead the identity protection team
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management/Product Management and experience defining and shipping/deploying software products.
- 4+ years of experience developing strategic solutions requiring participation across organizational boundaries
- 2+ Years’ Experience in a Lead (Formal or informal) or People Management role.
- 5+ Years’ Experience working on Technical/software related products or services
Nice-To-Have (Not required):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, human computer interaction, or related industry experience
- Prior experience designing software features or user experiences
- Prior experience with or expertise in identity or security related technology
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.